This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3534947

paulF-27

I am trying to translate the title and text of the Global Tab Content in WooCommerce's Shop Settings page and cannot get it to work.

I've gone to the Admin Strings and added them per the post here:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-translate-global-product-tab-on-flatsome-theme/

but the text doesn't show up in String Translation, at least not when I search for it. Only the Admin Text shows up and when I paste the text in there it doesn't show up on the live site - because I think that's just the translation for the Admin Screen text. I can't find the Translation Strings for the content boxes themselves.

April 4, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3535199

karenG-5

This is my ticket, I posted under the wrong account. Commenting here to follow.

April 4, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3536295

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. I am activating the needed fields for the initial user you used when posting (paulF-27 - if you want us to use the other user, I would need you to mark this as resolved and re-create the ticket from the other account and you can assign that ticket to me, too - however you prefer) and you will see them below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 4, 2019 at 4:03 pm #3536849

paulF-27

Mihai,

I've created a new thread here under my other account - please pickup there, I didn't know how to assign you particularly:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-global-tab-content-on-woocommerce-product-page/

April 5, 2019 at 11:48 am #3543829

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

From what I see, your ticket was already taken by another colleague when I was not online.

He already answered you, too.

Can you please mark this ticket as resolved?

Thank you for your understanding!

Regarding this "I didn't know how to assign you particularly":
When you create a new ticket, you have the option to assign this to a specific supporter in case you want that. But this is doable in the ticket-creation process. After you created the ticket (sent/published it), you can't change that anymore. I just wanted to tell you this so that you know how you can use this feature in the future. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai