This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rolandd-5 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3856123

rolandd-5

Hi,

I'm unable to translate a third menu.

I have a site. Main language is Dutch, second is English and third language is German.
I've set the Dutch menu and I've set the English language.

We just finished the German translation and we want to create the menu for it. Normally this is done by clicking the +-sign for creating the German menu. When I do that, it creates a new menu, but not the translation of the sites's default language. The dropdown "This is a translation of" is not there.

I don't understand why? It's the right to do, because i did it multiple times before.

regards,

Roland

May 21, 2019 at 9:33 pm #3858921

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Have you tried to sync the menu according to our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#option-2-automatic-menus-sync-by-wpml

Following the steps in our documentation, is the menu created and synchronized correctly?

If the problem still persists, when trying to create a new menu, without clicking on the link to add a new translation - is the "This is a translation of" option displayed to the German? Also, looking at some menu in Dutch, is this option being displayed?

Thank you.

May 24, 2019 at 5:53 am #3881295

rolandd-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!