This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 1:13 pm

luisG-22

I am trying to: Translate a product in dokan frontend vendor dashboard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (must login)

I expected to see: the 2 laguages insert product in frontend vendor dashboard

Instead, I got: The vendor only can insert/save a product in one language...?

July 2, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4128699

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am not sure if I understand the problem.

I visited the link you provided and went through the steps to add a new product. I could not save the product since additional configuration was required but I was able to enter all the product related information.

I did this in PT language.

I then changed to EN langauge. The dashboard looked different but the same options were available to create a product. I was able to enter name and price and once again, I could not save completely due to missing configuration.

So, what do you mean when you write: "I expected to see: the 2 laguages insert product in frontend vendor dashboard"

Could you please clarify?

Do you mean that you expect a product that is added in PT to automatically generate a tranlsated product in EN?

July 2, 2019 at 5:35 pm #4129161

luisG-22

Hello Ivette,
You can't save because its an incompatability that is being solved in another ticket.

If we do like you said, we are going to have 1 product in EN and another in PT. But they are not going to be sincronized. Its like having 2 diferentes products.

What i mean is if a vendor could have the possibility to insert the same product in both languages but sincronized?

July 3, 2019 at 6:10 am #4131943

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

I understand now.

In this case, the short answer is that the "duplication" or the "translation" of the product to the other language is normally done in the backend (e.g. dashboard, Translation Editor) as part of a manual workflow or batch job - unless you modify the theme/plugin to automatically/programtically create a WPML duplicate product upon the "save" action of the original product.

We provide a hook for this kind of action as part of the WPML API. Here is documentation on the call:
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_make_post_duplicates/

To actually implement the integration of this hook with your theme/plugin is beyond the scope of our support forum. I would suggest that you contact your theme/plugin support on where the appropriate place to add the call would be or to contact a WPML contractor :
https://wpml.org/contractors/

Does this address your question now?

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't translate product in dokan frontend vendor dashboard’ is closed to new replies.