This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 11:26 pm #4024491

jeroenv-42

I am trying to translate the WordPress "reset password" email. The email currently in English, while my complete website is in Dutch. I have also set the language in WPML to Dutch only.

I can't find the email in the WPML string translation page.

How do I translate the "reset password" email?

June 15, 2019 at 12:11 am #4024581

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

Please go to WPML - String Translation and select "default" name under "Select strings within domain" option and search "reset".

Now you should be able to view the strings you want to translate for password reset email.

Please check there and let me know if that resolves the issue!

June 17, 2019 at 9:35 pm #4038819

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'm checking in to see if you were able to get this resolved.

Please let me know!

June 18, 2019 at 11:54 am #4043589

jeroenv-42

Hi Rajeeb,

I still can't find the string on the String Translation page. The password reset email seems to not be detected by WPML. How do I solve this?

June 19, 2019 at 4:41 am #4047941

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps. I tried this on my local environment and was able to see the strings under default text domain.

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select all plugins and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

I did see your website link and found that you are using a realestate listing plugin which could be sending out the reset emails. So, the strings could appear under that plugin's domain.

Let me know if this helps!

June 21, 2019 at 10:24 pm #4069381

jeroenv-42

Hi Rajeeb,

Unfortunately, this does not solve the issue. I followed all the steps, but I still can't find the email strings on the WPML String Translation page. What else can I try?

June 21, 2019 at 11:13 pm #4069449

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would like to request your WordPress login details in order to get the issue resolved.

IMPORTANT: Before you provide the login details, please take a backup.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to the details.

June 24, 2019 at 11:02 pm #4080147

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your providing the login details.

I was able to check your site and found that the emails were sent using a HTML template.

Please go to Houses - Notifications - Request to reset password and change the text/language of the email.

Since the email is controlled by a HTML template and not included with gettext functions, there is no way for WPML to fetch those text to translate for any other languages.

I suggest you to get in touch with your plugin author about this. If you just want to translate it to Dutch, the above mentioned steps should help.

Let me know if you have any other questions for me!

July 6, 2019 at 10:24 pm #4156429

jeroenv-42

Thanks a lot, Rajeeb. I was able to translate the email with your help.

There are still some other strings that I can't translate with WPL String Translation or via Houses > Notifications. For example, the string "Add/edit" in the screenshot attached to this message.

Do you know where I can translate this particular string?

Thanks!

July 8, 2019 at 11:17 pm #4166121

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Glad to know it worked!

I found the Add/Edit text under 'real-estate-listing-realtyna-wpl' text domain in WPML - String Translation and translated it.

Please check the screenshot and let me know if you need any other help!

Best,