This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 12:00 pm

simon-bC

I am trying to translate Shipping methods via String translation/Woocommerce Multi-Language

I have translated what was there in Woocommece Multi-Language and that worked for the one that was there. But the ones created under eg. "Shipping zones > Denmark" is not to be found in Woocomerce ML nor in WPML String Translation.
The shipping methods are coming from the "pakkelabels.dk" plugin, but I'm not sure when it's pakkelabels.dk and when it's Woocommerce.

When I search in string translation for the English text, nothing shows up in the results.

May 13, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3799279

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.

1. If you were not able to find the strings inside WPML > String Translation, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please let me know how that goes and if you were able to find the strings.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei