If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 13, 2018 at 4:22 pm #2814339

sandiB-2

I am trying to: translate a string i found in the admin screens, when I check it and hit reply and then go to string translations, it doesn't show up and when I go back to admin screens it again unchecked.

October 15, 2018 at 3:58 pm #2818202

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
Try increasing the max_input_vars setting on your server from 3000 to 5000 or higher if you can.
Then try to add the select the strings and add them to the String Translation table again.

If it does not work still, you can add them through the Custom XML Configuration panel found under WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML configuration.

The code should look something like this:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="key name here" />
        <key name="another key here" />
   </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

For more information, read our documentation for language configuration files: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Hope it helps,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] can't translate strings from admin screens’ is closed to new replies.