If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 5:40 am

Jordi Romeu

When I try to translate taxonomy description in the taxonomy page it displays a message with the text "Elemento no actualizado".

If I try to translate it through the Taxonomy Translation tool, it seems it's working... but in the page, the description is in blank.

I use do_shortcode(term_description()) to show it in the term template.

Following another forum question, I updated WPML to the latest version but it's not working too.

Please, help.

July 1, 2019 at 8:44 am #4116683

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Thank you for access to your site.

1. Problem
Could you please detail steps on how to replicate the problem on your site?

2. Clarifications
2.1 Is this happening to all of your taxonomies or just to some?
2.2 Is the shortcode you are using a WordPress standard or is it a shortcode related to a theme or plugin?

2.3 Please indicate the template name that you are using-

Thank you

July 1, 2019 at 10:12 am #4117723

Jordi Romeu

My answers:

1. Problem
Could you please detail steps on how to replicate the problem on your site?

- Go here: hidden link
- On language menu, select "Catalan"
- Modify Description field
- Save

If i put in description field a basic text (for example "aaa"), it works.
If i put the shortcodes neeeded it doesn't work.

2. Clarifications
2.1 Is this happening to all of your taxonomies or just to some?

Tested on this two:
hidden link
hidden link

2.2 Is the shortcode you are using a WordPress standard or is it a shortcode related to a theme or plugin?

Avada fusion builder shortcodes

2.3 Please indicate the template name that you are using-

wp-content/themes/Avada-Child-Theme/taxonomy-producto.php

Thanks a lot!

July 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4120381

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Hmmm - I´m sorry that I am not familiar with using Avada shortcodes in this manner.

What I can see is that if I temporarily change the active theme to be the Avada parent, you do get the same output for both versions of the product template. Of course, the layout´s are not being activated since you are using the standard WordPress templates, but you do **not** get a blank page in CA language.

This leads me to conclude that the issue is with how you have coded the productos-template.php.

What I might suggest is that if you are addressing layouts in the Avada library, you make sure that they are all translated to CA language.

Have you tried asking for their support?

You might also consider that if you are retrieving posts by slug, then you need to also make sure that you are using the correct translated slug for the taxonomy "productes" instead of "productos". In this case, I would have expected the template name to be taxonomony-productes.php

I wait for your feedback

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't translate taxonomy description’ is closed to new replies.