This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4418871

joaquimV-2

I am using WPML and Yoast on my website and being able to translate most of the website but having some trouble with Yoast snippets/metadescription.

I've watched the videos (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/) and forum posts but can't put it to work. The strings never show up on the string translation...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Joaquim

August 20, 2019 at 1:32 am #4419731

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Joaquim,

Can you please go to WPML - String Translation and search for string under 'admin_texts_wpseo_titles' domain? Do you see the strings now?

August 25, 2019 at 8:44 pm #4455111

joaquimV-2

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I had checked that filter but not showing up like on your video.
What should I do?

I ended up translating manually bypassing the WPML translator tool but thats not the best option... and I still need to translate to other languages so really need your help.

Thanks,
Joaquim

August 27, 2019 at 6:24 am #4462997

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Joaquim,

Can you please confirm which text are you looking to translate? I see most of the Yoast SEO settings in the screenshot. Also, let me know how did you translate the text without WPML.

September 2, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4497367

joaquimV-2

Hi Rajeeb,

I want to translate the meta description and the title. The one I never find in the procedure above is the meta description.

I select the page I want to translate. Once I'm there I change the language on the top bar , for example to english, and then click on the edit anyway button, this way skipping the string translator which is what I wanted to use if the meta was there.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Joaquim

September 4, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4512545

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Joaquim,

Our apologies for the late reply. Rajeeb was not available this week, and we missed the tickets assigned to him.

Yoast meta data for each page/post is stored as a custom field. Maybe the custom fields for Yoast are not configured to be translatable in your website.
Please check this article on how to translate custom fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Please open a page for edit, then go to the bottom to "Multilingual Content Setup", click on "Show system fields" to see all the custom fields for the page. You should be able to locate Yoast custom fields, make them translatable. Then perform a small update to the page to force translation. Finally, you will be able to translate those fields in the WPML translation editors.

If this does not work for you, please allow me temporary access to your website and I'll check this further. Fill the private details fields after a full site backup. And check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't translate Yoast snippets using the string translation’ is closed to new replies.