This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem: I can't update plugin
Solution: 1. Create a full website backup
2. Can you please go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial > and try to update the plugin from there?
If that still doesn't work, can you please try the steps below:
- download the latest version of the WPML plugin that you want to update to from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/;
- disable the WPML plugin that you want to update
- delete the WPML plugin that you want to update (the settings and the translations are saved in the database so they will not be deleted);
- upload the freshly downloaded WPML plugin from Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin → then Activate the WPML plugin;
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.