This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem: After the latest update I am getting an internal error when trying to activate WPML plugins.
Solution: Please try to to do a manual update by following these steps:
1. Ensure that you have a full backup for the site.
2. Log in to your WPML.org account and go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. You will receive a ZIP file for each one of WPML’s components.
3. Deactivate the current WPML version that you are using. Be sure to deactivate WPML and all its components. Otherwise, the installation files may be locked and not writeable. Don’t worry, your translations are not going to be modified.
4. Delete the plugin, so that you can install the new version. Note: if you cannot delete from inside WordPress, use an FTP program to delete the folders of WPML and its components from wp-content/plugins.
5. In the WordPress admin, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the ZIP files that you downloaded. Alternatively, if you cannot upload plugins directly to WordPress, unzip each file. A directory will be created. Then upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory and overwrite the existing folders for WPML and its components.
6. Log in to your site, go to Plugins and activate WPML core first and then its components.
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.