Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jean-paulS 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 8:44 am

jean-paulS

I am trying to update WPML plugins after I rebought it. I did purchase it some weeks ago but asked for a refund afterward because of changing to a multisite structure.
Due to many problems, I came back to a single multilingual site by reverting from a backup (with the help of a professional developer). So I rebought WPML earlier this week, but I can’t update. (The WPML that I installed earlier was still there, because it was in the backup.) So I downloaded the newest version of WPML but saw that the old one was still there. I deleted this but discovered that all the drafts of my posts had gone. So I reverted to the version of last Monday (Feb 11), just after the new purchase.
But I can’t choose "update": under WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML String Translation, there’s the following message: “You must have a valid subscription in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin. Purchase a subscription or enter an existing site key.” When I click the link, I’m redirected to the “Commercial” tab of the plugins with the following message:
“Subscription expired. You need to either purchase a new subscription or upgrade if available. Revalidate subscription
If you have already purchased or renewed your subscription and you can still see this message, please revalidate your subscription.”
Revalidate doesn’t help, so I’m stuck here.
Pre-sales support suggested to delete the site key and renew it, but this has no effect

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: site behind an under construction page.

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 19, 2019 at 11:36 am
February 19, 2019 at 11:49 am
February 19, 2019 at 11:51 am #3216419

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

The system closed the chat due to inactivity so i transformed the chat into a ticket just to confirm if you found the plugin that was generating that dialogue box whenever you accessed a page?

If you did, could you gently tell me which one was it?

Thanks.

February 19, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3216531

jean-paulS

Hi Alejandro,
Didn't know I had to check all the plugins. Because you had access to my dashboard, I didn't want to get in the way. Thought you were working on it. But anyway, I found the culprit. It was Social Booster (previous XYZ Social Media Auto Publish) that triggered the message. I can do without it and look for an alternative, so problem resolved. Thanks for the support!

February 19, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3216532

jean-paulS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!