This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 20, 2019 at 12:20 am #3648523

carlosA-35

I am trying to:
update to latest version

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Its on the CMS

I expected to see:
All wpml components updated

Instead, I got:
All components fail to download and i get this message: Download failed! Please refresh the page and try again.

Help

April 21, 2019 at 7:14 am #3651831

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

May i kindly ask you to please perform the update manually this time

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Kind Regards,
Riffaz.

April 22, 2019 at 9:48 am #3655061

carlosA-35

Thank you Riffaz,

I am terrified to do this, are you completely sure that I wont loose any configuration/translation?

When you say "Delete the plugin files", do you mean deleting the plugin and addons on the wordpress panel?

Does that apply to Wpml media, string translation, translation management and multilingual CMS?

April 22, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3656243

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

are you completely sure that I wont loose any configuration/translation?
- yes, as I stated above,
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

anyhow, please take a full back up of your site before proceeding this.

When you say "Delete the plugin files", do you mean deleting the plugin and addons on the wordpress panel?
- yes, then upload the plugins via FTP/cPanel

Does that apply to Wpml media, string translation, translation management and multilingual CMS?
- yes.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Cant update to latest version’ is closed to new replies.