This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3666165

melindaA

I'm using a Divi template which is supposed to be compatible with WPML. But when I update a translation after an page is modified i get a Divi dialog with 3 options -- Use existing content, Choose a premade layout, Clone existing page. None of these options bring me to the advanced translation editor to update the translation. It seems to want to create a new page instead of update the existing translation.

When i add a translation from and existing page, it just brings me to the new page screen in WordPress.

April 24, 2019 at 6:21 am #3669503

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

We have released a new version of WPML(4.2.6) yesterday. It has included improvements in WPML Translation Management. Therefore please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 24, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3673745

melindaA

no difference. by the way. some pages don't pop up the dialog and just go directly to the spanish versoin of the page. but no translator. At the top it says

Advertencia: Está intentando editar una traducción que actualmente se encuentra en proceso de ser agregada utilizando WPML.

Consulte el panel de Administración de traducción para saber el estado exacto de esta traducción.

April 24, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3675695

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Also please share the URL of the page having the issues or the steps to replicate the bug for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 12:38 pm #3682443

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Just to make sure you were using *Advanced Translation Editor* for translating all the pages, am I right?

Because I checked a few of the pages and it is using *WPML's Classic Translation Editor* for translation and it directed me to WPML Translation Editor. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3683311

melindaA

I'm not sure what you did but it seems a little closer now. When i click on the "circle thing" cirecled in the attachment, i get the advanced translation editor now and am able to complete the translation.

But there are items with "gears" now. Again, see attachment. I"m not sure what those mean but when i click on those i get the following message.

You activated the Advanced Translation Editor for this site, but you are updating an old translation. WPML opened the Standard Translation Editor, so you can update this translation. When you translate new content, you'll get the Advanced Translation Editor with all its features. To change your settings, go to WPML Settings.

April 25, 2019 at 6:50 pm #3685203

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. The warning is showing because few of the pages shows WPML Classic Translation Editor as the translation options and the gear icons mean the translation is in progress.

The translation methods for *WPML Classic Translation Editor* and *WPML Advance Translation Editor* is totally different. So may we will lose the already translated data while switching between the options.

So please make sure translation is in progress/partially completed for the pages showing gear icons.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't update translation’ is closed to new replies.