This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Fatal error while updating WPML to version 4.2.8.

Solution: The PHP version of the server was updated to 7.0 and the WPML Translation Management plugin was uploaded manually via FTP.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#wpml-4-2-8

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andraS 1 month ago.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4538051

andraS

I am trying to: i was trying to update those plugins, got an error that update failed, when trying again, whole site went down and i got following error:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig_SimpleFunction' not found in /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-proxy/class-wpml-jobs-fetch-log-ui.php:30 Stack trace: #0 /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/menu/wpml-tm-menus.class.php(53): WPML_Jobs_Fetch_Log_UI->__construct(Object(WPML_Jobs_Fetch_Log_Settings), Object(WPML_WP_API)) #1 /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-management.php(47): WPML_TM_Menus->__construct(Object(WPML_Twig_Template)) #2 /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/plugin.php(75): WPML_Translation_Management->__construct(Object(SitePress), Object(WPML_TM_Loader), Object(TranslationManagement), Object(WPML_TP_Translator)) #3 /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286 in /data02/virt62178/domeenid/www.bbqfestival.eu/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-proxy/class-wpml-jobs-fetch-log-ui.php on line 30

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

September 9, 2019 at 9:40 pm #4540279

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @andras,

Could you please try to update the WPML plugins manually? See this page https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#wpml-4-2-8 for more details.

If the issue persists, could you please provide access to your site so we can check and fix it?

Thanks,
Pierre

September 10, 2019 at 9:56 am #4543697

andraS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
After I updated php version from 7.0 to latest and deleted WPML Translation Management plugin and uploaded newest version manually to ftp, got it solved.