This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 10:00 am

rogerH-3

Hi,

We are trying to update the WPML plugins to the latest version in the website hidden link, but there seems to be an issue with the license key which prevents the updates.

When updating from the plugin list we get the error: "Bijwerken mislukt: undefined". (update failed: undefined).

When we try to update using the page /wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=commercial we get the message: "Uw abonnement is niet langer geldig. Probeer opnieuw te registreren met een geldige sitecode." (your subscription is no longer valid, try to register using a new sitecode).

We tried to remove the current license key and add a new one, but that doesnt seem to fix the issue. When creating a new sitecode for gearlimits.com we are able to succesfully enter it, but the update issue still persists. We tried generating a code for the .nl version (which is used for the dutch translation) but we get a wrong code error.

Can you tell what is going wrong? We added the login details in the form below.

Hope you can help us resolve this issue so the plugins can be updated again. Please let me know if you need any further information regarding this issue.

Looking forward to your reply!

May 16, 2019 at 12:04 pm #3825693

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

We've had this issue few months ago that happened on some sites:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/update-failed-undefined-2/#post-3178361

I've registered the site with my developer account and updated all the plugins now. You can register WPML with hidden link domain now and it should work for future updates.

Let us know if the issue persists next time WPML updates arrive.

Regards,
Bruno Kos