This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 8:20 pm #3706507

justinW-11

I am trying to:
Use the same category slug in different languages

I found this topic: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/same-category-slug-in-different-languages-2/

and indeed I can edit it with quick edit to have the same name, but:

this will lead to the german category page to show the english content. the english category pages shows the english content aswell

April 30, 2019 at 9:40 am #3710135

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Justin,

The quick edit option would work for same category slugs. Your case seems more like the Taxonomy slug are switched. Please go to WPML > Settings > Taxonomy translation, Under categories click of the slug translation link check whether the translation is correctly updated.

Please share a screenshot of the page with category slug expanded. If that didn't help much please provide me more information, a screenshot explaining the issue. link to the page where the issue can be and the steps to reproduce the issue so that I can try to reproduce the same in my local setup.

Please let me know the results, Feel free to write back if you need further clarification.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't use same category slug in different languages’ is closed to new replies.