This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by niklasM-4 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 3:11 pm

niklasM-4

I am trying to: I'm trying to add products to the cart on my translated woocommerce multilingual page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Be able to proceed to checkout and have everything work as the original site does.

Instead, I got: On the translated site it says that the cart is empty when i add products and press "view cart". I have another site with the same plugins and theme and it doesn't work on that site either, problem seems to be the same on both sites.

April 17, 2019 at 10:20 pm #3634971

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I've noticed that some plugins are outdated, including WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual.

I also noticed that you are using a cache plugin. Have you tried clearing and deactivating the cache to see if the cart will work?

Thank you.

April 18, 2019 at 6:12 am #3636287

niklasM-4

Thanks for noticing. I tried to update the plugins and both clearing and deactivating cache, unfortunately, neither of this fixed the problem...

April 18, 2019 at 8:43 pm #3641821

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. This seems to be happening because of the feature of one domain per language.

I tried this on a fresh installation and it worked properly which makes me think this is not a bug.

I will contact 2nd tier support to ask about this. Meanwhile, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

April 21, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3652783

niklasM-4

Okey, feel free to install the duplicator plugin.

Thanks!

April 23, 2019 at 12:48 am #3658875

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I downloaded your site and I'm testing it in my testing environment. At the moment it seems like this is working in the testing environment.

I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 6:20 pm #3675835

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. I tested your site in the testing environment and in fact, this seems to be related to your server. Maybe some cache problem.

We have relaunched to update our plugins. Please, could you update the plugins and check if the problem persists?

Thank you.

April 26, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3690881

niklasM-4

No problem,

I've updated all the plugins and purged all cache but unfortunately, the problem still occurs...

April 29, 2019 at 9:00 pm #3706613

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I can no longer replicate the initial problem. Following the previous steps, I see that the product is now displayed in the cart, correctly. Should I take some other step to check the problem?

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 1:16 pm #3711341

niklasM-4

Hey!

Yes correct the product now finally is displayed in cart but if you try to proceed to the checkout it says that the cart is empty again... I would appreciate if you could take a look at it!

Thanks!

May 1, 2019 at 9:41 pm #3719997

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Even on the checkout page, I can not replicate the problem. I'll attach an image for you to see.

That is, neither on the cart page nor on the checkout page or I can replicate the problem. Both are working properly.

You may be following some other step and the problem happens only by following the steps you are following. I basically access the product page, I click the button to add the product to the cart. Then I access the cart and click to go to the checkout. The product is displayed on both pages.

Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 11:47 am #3724189

niklasM-4

Hi,

This is really weird, I can see that it's working correctly for you but I can't get it to work. I've attached two images for you to see, I've access the product page and add to cart and then I click show cart but then it says it's empty.

I've tried clearing browser cache and tried different browsers but that didn't affect it either. I also tried with my iPhone but I had the same issue...

Thanks.

May 2, 2019 at 9:14 pm #3729293

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Using the browser's "Private Window" I am able to replicate again the problem you are reporting. I will contact 2nd tier support so they can check what may be happening.

Soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

May 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm #3734317

niklasM-4

Okey thank you for your help!

May 10, 2019 at 2:19 am #3780329

Bruno
Supporter

First of all, my sincere apologies for the delay. Since this seems to be a caching problem with your server, I'm contacting our compatibility team so they can check.

Also, it should be good if you can contact your host and ask for a whitelisted URL (cart in the secondary language) so that this page is not cached. This should probably solve the problem.

Thank you.