This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was redirected after adding a product to cart or going to checkout to original language. Solution: The Cart and Checkout were not set in WooCommerce Settings. This could happen if the user skips the WCML wizard.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 9:10 am #4669895

davidN-51

When adding a product to the cart from the single product page (German or French) the cart and checkout links point to the English version of those pages. I believe it is an issue with Ajax, not reloading automatically the cart and updating the URL'S in the mini-cart (English is the primary language).

October 1, 2019 at 9:54 am #4670651

davidN-51

Hi there,

I'm back now. Having checked that option was already ticked. That does not help with my issue. Shall I give you access to see what you can see? Can you tell me how I can provide access credentials in private in this post? I do not see how to do that...

October 1, 2019 at 10:05 am #4670831

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I activated the private box to share credentials safely. I'll start by checking your website and if it seems to be a compatibility bug, we'll need to reproduce it on our platform in order to confirm it.

Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Best regards,
Jamal

October 1, 2019 at 10:18 am #4670923

davidN-51

Hi Jamal,

I have entered the site credentials into the private info box at top of the thread. In the field about Plugins, I have given you the credentials to get past the password protected directory. I have also included a video of the issue, so you understand more how to replicate it.

PS - forgot to add debug information. You can grab this if you log into site, or if you like I can if you open up the private box again 🙂

October 1, 2019 at 11:54 am #4671799

Jamal
Supporter

HI,
I activated the debug infobox and the credentials box. Unfortunately, those credentials entered in the chat are erased after converting to the forum.
Please enter the credentials again.

Best regards,
Jamal

October 1, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4672939

davidN-51

Hi Jamal,

Could you please hold off accessing the staging site until further notice (I will confirm back with you asap). We might have found the problem, which was apparently due to WooCommerce Multilingual Wizard not being saved properly. If that is the case, maybe the problem is solved.

This ticket was already open elsewhere, but the previous support person was not able to understand/locate the issue. So I opened another support ticket and tried to better explain to yourself. In the mean time, Alejandro took over the previous ticket and thinks he found the issue (unless you had been working on the problem too, as you both had site access).

So I wait to get confirmation from Alejandro and will report back here. Kindly let me know if you did access the backend of the staging site and worked on this issue, as I need to be certain the fix was due to what Alejandro found rather than work you had done!

Thanks in advance

October 1, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4673487

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Sure. As you are already working on a ticket with Alejandro, I kindly ask you to close this one and continue the resolution on the first one.
Alejandro and I have discussed this issue and it seems that he found the solution.

Best regards,
Jamal

October 1, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4673491

davidN-51

My issue is on the way to being resolved (just need to check the fix can be applied to the live site). Thank you