This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When adding a product to the cart in the other languages, there is a message on the cart's page: "Session expired return to the shop."

Solution:

1. Go to WPML -> Languages.

2. Scroll down to the 'Language filtering for AJAX operations.'

3. Check the checkbox 'Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX' and save.

4. Go to the front-end and check if it is working correctly now.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-filtering-for-ajax-operations

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 8:15 pm

richardv-19

The default website in the language Dutch, i can add an item to my cart en checkout, no problems there. When i choose an other language and add an item to my cart en proceed to checkout it says session expired return to shop.

The problem was caused by a plugin, i deleted it, everything was fine for a few weeks, now the problems returns, only for logged in users.

I tried deactiveting all plugins exept WPML & Woocommerce, problem still persist. I don't know what to do anymore, please help..

May 24, 2018 at 3:13 pm #2224000

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

The 'Sla een taalcookie op om de taalfilter voor AJAX te ondersteunen' option in WPML -> Languages -> Taalfilter voor AJAX-verrichtingen was not checked. I've checked it and saved the settings, and now it works. You can check out in English or any other language. Please see attached screenshots.

COuld you please confirm that this issue is resolved now?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 24, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2224207

richardv-19

Hello,
I did not see this option (while using firefox) when using Safari i can see that the option button is checked. Thank you for your help, it works great!
Kind regards,
Richard

May 27, 2018 at 7:21 am #2234409

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Great Richard! I'm glad that it works now.

Cheers,
Itamar.