This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

cart 'items' string is not translated.

Solution:

-go to WPML > String Translation. -search for the strings '%d items' and '%d item'. select 'exact match' option. -translate the strings completely and save. -check on the frontend and try to switch between languages.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 2:11 pm

vedaL

Hi,

The cart is translated but show the Swedish and not English.

April 30, 2019 at 5:44 am #3707943

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I tried to add some items to the cart and went to the cart page and I can't find a swedish string on the english cart page. I might have missed something. Could you please elaborate further so I can understand the issue better? It would be of great help if you can share some screenshots.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 30, 2019 at 7:03 am #3708421

vedaL

Hi,

Here is a screenshot. It says "items" but should here on he Swedish version be "varor".

April 30, 2019 at 9:48 am #3710183

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

For some reason the provided wp-admin access does not work on my end. Could please check and provide me the update credentials? I will enable the access information box so you can securely share it with us.

Also, I would like to request your permission to install Duplicator plugin, build a package and download a copy so I can continue debugging locally and without affecting your site. Please let me know if I can proceed.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 30, 2019 at 10:26 am #3710327

vedaL

Yes, you can use Dupicator

May 1, 2019 at 8:21 am #3716859

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

However, I have to removed the provided WP login credentials on your previous message since it was posted publicly. For security reason, I would recommend changing the password immediately.

I will enable the access information box so you can securely share the updated wp-admin/FTP access details with us. Please enter the access details on the corresponding access information box to share it securely with us. Please refer to attached image.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 2, 2019 at 7:59 am
May 2, 2019 at 9:58 am #3723545

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the updated access details.

I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on test environment. Then I will continue debugging your site locally and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 6:00 am #3731009

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please try these steps?

*increase the WP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

-go to WPML > String Translation.
-search for the string '%d items'. select 'exact match' option.
-translate the strings completely and save.
-check on the frontend and try to switch between languages.

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3734677

vedaL

Still not working. I see the defalut is english, should it be so? Main language is Swedish.

May 6, 2019 at 1:09 am #3744143

Dennis

Hi,

You should search for the string '%d items' to see the right string to translate. Please attached image.

Anyway, I already did it for you. Kindly check if it works now at your end.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 6, 2019 at 7:12 am #3745407

vedaL

It is working for multiple products, but not for single product.

May 6, 2019 at 7:24 am #3745419

Dennis

Hi,

I have marked the translation for '%d item' string as completed. Could you please check if the issue is now resolved?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 6, 2019 at 8:45 am #3745945

vedaL

Thanks, I did not now that was so important ... It is now resolved, thank you!

May 6, 2019 at 9:12 am #3746199

Dennis

Hi,

Glad to hear the the issue is resolved. Please feel free to open a new ticket if you experience any WPML related issues in the future.

Kind regards,
Dennis