This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3493115

conorB-3

I am trying to:
I have duplicated the UK Casestudies which should pull through to the Swedish website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I should see a hand full of case studies. I "translated them" although still in English but when you look at a page the URL still has the word case study in it not referenser - this is why its not pulling through but I can not change that far back in the URL

Instead, I got:

March 31, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3502331

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 1, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3507843

conorB-3

Ive sent the FTP and website login details - it has also been backed up. thank you

April 1, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3510357

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you veyr much for the information provided.

Before we continue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes, specially WPML plugins, to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Please let me know if the issue persists after the steps above.

Regards,
Carlos

April 2, 2019 at 9:17 am #3515259

conorB-3

The updates have been done. Not only has it not fixed the issues it has lost every single image for every product and category! WEEKS worth for work and I leave the company on Friday - Extremely worried!! PLEASE assist asap..

Images missing and words on bottom left not translated!!
hidden link

April 2, 2019 at 10:08 am #3515771

conorB-3

I also have an issue with a "pekskarmar" category.
On the top menu under produkter then "perskarmar" it takes you through to hidden link

However you will see a side menu of the product catagories… Perskarmar is listed there... If you click it in the SIDE menu it takes you to the English site touch screens - not the Swedish.. this also happens if you click the Paskarmar link here - hidden link

Unfortunately the below link that says + Upload an image doesnt work so I cant upload it.

April 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm #3519021

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I applied some troubleshooting options in the site and now you can see the Case Studies in both languages: hidden link

I also realized that the 'Referenser' tag in Swedish has no Case Studies associated (hidden link) and that's why you don't see any information when visiting the page of that tag. Also, the slug of the tag is not correct, please leave the slug field empty and re-save the tag, this way WordPress will automatically fill this field.

Once you made the changes in the 'Referenser' tag you can translate it to the other languages and while editing the Case Studies you can assign this tag so you will have information to shown in its corresponding page.

I recommend you to visit this link where you will find our official documentation on how to translate taxonomies using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Best regards,
Carlos

April 3, 2019 at 10:01 am #3524373

conorB-3

HI Carlos,

Thank you for your help. I have added the tags to the 6 referensers however you say leave the slug empty... I cant even find where a slug is on the pages. I noticed the permalink says Case-study in it instead of referensers however I mentioned earlier in the conversation I can not edit that part - I can only edit the ending eg the page name. Because of this nothing is pulling through still. PLease help I am not technical - I leave the company on Friday and based in the UK. Many thanks Laura - As said the upload image button below does not work so I can not show you.

April 3, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3527907

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for your message.

I fixed the issue with the slug of the taxonomy 'Referenser', translated the tag to the secondary languages and updated all Case Studies and assign them the tag in their respective languages. Now you can see the Case Studies correctly.

Please visit this link where you will find our official documentation about Taxonomy Translation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Best regards,
Carlos

April 3, 2019 at 9:55 pm #3530575

conorB-3

Hi Carlos,

Sorry when I go onto the Swedish website and click Referenser at the top menu no case studies come through... hidden link

I have looked at the document but I do not understand it. I did the tags as per the doc and click something to allow something but nothing happened and still not showing :/

Thank you

April 4, 2019 at 7:44 pm #3538133

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

The URL hidden link is a blank page, that's why is not showing the case studies. To see the case studies under the 'Referenser' tag in Swedish you need to visit this link: hidden link

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

April 5, 2019 at 8:56 am #3542297

conorB-3

Hi Carlos,

The menu at the top of the website is not linking through. I understand this is due to the URL for the Referenser not being hidden link but I do not know where to change this. Since the updates to the software done the page edit layouts have changed. Today is my last day at the company. If this can not be resolved today (UK time by 4.30pm) I will need to pass this over to an external company to resolve as I am not being replaced internally.
If I dont hear from you I appreciate your help. Thanks Laura

April 7, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3552305

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Laura,

Thank you for getting back to us. Sorry for the delay, we went into our weekend and Carlos had a holiday on Friday, he will be back on Monday. If you still need further help with this issue please let us know and I will forward it to Carlos since he is already working and debugging this issue with you.

Thank you and I wish you best of luck.

The topic ‘[Closed] Case studies not pulling through to translated site as I cant change URL’ is closed to new replies.