Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joshuaM-6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
February 20, 2015 at 1:53 am #563742

joshuaM-6

When WPML Multilingual CMS is activated the excerpt for Catch Everest Pro's Featured Post Widget duplicates the current page's content rather than displaying the featured post's content. The title and featured image are displaying properly - only the excerpt is malfunctioning. Also, interestingly the problem is not occurring on archive pages. I have started a support thread with Catch Themes as well - hidden link - my site, hidden link is not yet live and if you need to take a look I will have to send credentials. Thanks you in advance.

February 20, 2015 at 1:57 pm #564029

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

As I can't display your site and see the issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please make a full database backup.

Regards,
Pierre

February 22, 2015 at 3:57 am #564463

joshuaM-6

I also forgot to mention I added new WPML modules after sending the first support ticket, so if you need me to send you new debug info just let me know. Thanks again!

February 23, 2015 at 1:23 pm #565045

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi Josh,

The credentials are OK.

As I can see, you are using a child theme of Catch Everest Pro. Can you activate the parent theme and check if the problem persists?

Concerning the other issue you are facing, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. Just copy the text in the private reply.

I am waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Pierre

February 23, 2015 at 5:26 pm #565297

joshuaM-6

Pierre

I activated the parent theme and the issue still exists. You probably should know I am using CloudFlare. Not sure if that makes a difference. The issue occurs whether CloudFlare is on or off. I will post the second issue in a new thread. Thank you for all your help!

February 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm #565316

joshuaM-6

The link to the other issue is https://wpml.org/forums/topic/auto-download-not-working/

February 23, 2015 at 5:54 pm #565328

Pierre
Supporter

I add a look at the widget code and I didn't notice any problem. But I saw you are using some other plugins which may interfere with it. Try do deactivate "Special Recent Posts" and "W3 Total Cache". Do you see any difference?

February 23, 2015 at 6:58 pm #565378

joshuaM-6

I deactivated both plugins and cleared my caches with the same result. I've noticed some other unusual behavior - the search widget continually inserts "Search" as a title and I have to keep erasing and re saving. Maybe that's a clue??? Thanks again for the support.

February 23, 2015 at 8:08 pm #565423

Pierre
Supporter

The excerpt in hidden link is empty, if you fill in the excerpt field for the post, you will see it displayed. But I still don't know why we have another content when the excerpt is empty.

Sorry, bu now I tried to deactivate some plugins and I don't have the same layout as before. Could you please reinstall your database backup?

Regards,
Pierre

February 23, 2015 at 10:59 pm #565488

joshuaM-6

Pierre,

OK. Thank you for looking into this. I was not aware there was an "Excerpt" field. Normally WP just pulls the first couple of sentences from the post. I will simply override whatever conflict exists by using the "Excerpt" field from now on. Thanks for the great support!!!

Josh