This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 17, 2018 at 10:40 am

beatrizO

I am trying to: Add categories to woocomerce products in order to select the specific products I want to show on the different pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: the different products selected and on the specific language

Instead, I got: nothing, categories disappear or are not translated into different languages. How does it work, please? this is not affecting just our home page, also products related on each product page, also on dive sites, etc.

Thanks!

June 18, 2018 at 11:27 pm #2420445

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I'm truly sorry but I don't understand the issue 🙁

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 20, 2018 at 6:13 am #2423508

beatrizO

Hi Carlos,
Thanks for your answer.
Basically when adding categories on products, somehow they disappear and moreover, they are not translated to the other languages. So when they were set up correctly, we had just English and Spanish, however now we added 2 more languages, Italian and French, and for example, when I would select to show a specific category on a page, it will populate also other languages and not the pertinent of that page... it's like a mess, to be honest. What would you recommend, please?
Thanks!
Bea

June 20, 2018 at 6:30 pm #2425382

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bea,
I'm sorry to hear that.

We released a new Woocommerce Multilingual version today, I kindly ask you to update the plugin and double check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists I will set your next answer private so you can share credentials to access the site and I can take a closer look to the issue.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

June 29, 2018 at 6:47 am #2443298

beatrizO

Hi, the issue is not sorted, still happening the same thing

June 29, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2446028

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Bea,

I would like to ask you to translate all product categories and let me know if the issue persists. To translate the categories you need to go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Categories tab.

Best regards,
Carlos