This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 11:31 am

Sohieb Alhamwi

I am trying to: I've translated the categories but the content on the second language still showing in English!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The categories and products in Arabic

Instead, I got: Everything still in English they're translated to Arabic though

June 17, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4035741

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

From what I could gather so far. The issue is with the block of the homepage rather than with categories and products translation. You can see in other pages that categories and products are translated fine.
- hidden link
- hidden link

The homepage is built using WP Page Builder the block. The Arabic homepage is actually a duplicate of the English one rather than a translation. See the attached image.

I suggest you translate the Arabic homepage independently, by using the button on the right, then edit it to update the tabs to include the Arabic product categories. I created this draft page to be able to show it, but I could not figure out how to add the same component (crowdfunding tabs).
hidden link

Finally, I also suspect a compatibility bug. In fact, the WP Page Builder is not listed within our compatible plugins https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
If the "translate independently" suggestion did not work. Please upload the plugin the following server, configure WPML similarly and WooCommerce similarly to your website, reproduce this error. I'll be able to approach our compatibility team for help.
hidden link

You may also want to ask the plugin author to join our Go Global Program in order to make the plugin fully compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Categories issue’ is closed to new replies.