This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Sohieb Alhamwi

I am trying to: I've translated the categories but the content on the second language is not showing.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The products

Instead, I got: No products

June 14, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4022163

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I could find, there was no category selected in the content builder (WP Page Builder) and that is why nothing was appearing.

Please check the screenshots.

This is where I made the edits from the screenshot:
hidden link

And if you go here now (hidden link) the product shows alright.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 15, 2019 at 8:28 am #4025825

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the screenshots, you're right it was working fine at that time but once i added another category the issue is back.
If you take a look at the screenshot i'm in the arabic editing page, but it only shows the categories in English which is my real issue.

I hope you can help me in solving it.
Thanks,

June 17, 2019 at 7:22 am #4032685

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

I'm looking for your reply ASAP.

Thanks

June 17, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4035971

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Mihai is not available today, so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

I've checked things on your site, and I can see the issue that you are talking about. When I'm on the front-end, I can see that the products are showing in Arabic. But the categories names to filter the different products are showing in English. Please see the attached screenshot produ-ar-ok-cat-no-ok.jpg. I can see that the product categories are translated into Arabic. Please see the attached screenshot cat-trans-ok.jpg. And when I edit the Arabic page, I can see that it is not possible to select any Arabic category. Please see the attached screenshot cannt-select-ar-cat.jpg.
Could you please confirm that this is the issue that you are having?

I suspect that this issue is a compatibility issue. You are using the WP Page Builder plugin to build this page. This plugin is not on our compatibility list here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/. And I also could not find anything about it in our internal documentation. But this still needs to be checked.

Before checking if indeed it is a compatibility issue, please try the following.

1. Please visit the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting section on your site here.
hidden link

2. Select the 'Sync products categories (display type, thumbnail):' checkbox and press the 'Start' button.

3. Check if this solves the issue.

4. If not, then please go to the main WPML troubleshooting page.
Take a backup of the DB of your site.
Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link)
Once on the troubleshooting screen press the following buttons and check if it helps.
Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.
- On the first option, select 'Products' from the dropdown select field and press the 'Synchronize posts taxonomies' button.
- Press the 'Set language information' button.

*** Please make a backup of your database before using this.***

5. Check if this solves the issue.

If the above procedure does not solve the issue, then we need to check if the issue can be replicated on a fresh WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the WP Page Builder plugin and its Pro add-ons and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML to English as the default language and Arabic as the second language like it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.
Then when everything is done, please let me know the results, and I'll be able to consult our compatibility team.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 18, 2019 at 7:02 am #4040859

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, that's exactly my problem. I followed what you sent to me but I still have the same issue.

I also uploaded the theme on the link:
hidden link

I still have the issue.
In english it works fine on the link:
hidden link

But in Arabic no products are showing:
hidden link

I hope you can help me in solving this issue.
Thanks for your help.

June 18, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4046101

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I could see that this page hidden link didn't show the Arabic products but did show the Arabic translated categories. When I tried to check a few things now, I don't get the option to add the Arabic categories, and I can only add the English categories.
Can you please tell me the steps that you did to create this page?
Please explain to me which element I should select to show the product's categories and also add some screenshots.
I'll then be able to consult our compatibility team.

But it is also important for me to say again that I believe that this is a compatibility issue with the WP Page Builder plugin. And I think that you will encounter other issues when you continue to work with this page builder. So it might be that if there will be a solution it will be only for the categories issue. And it also might be that we will need the cooperation of the author of the plugin in order to make it compatible with WPML. It would be great if you could contact the authors and urge them to join our Go Global Program. You can find details about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
We will be happy to cooperate with the authors in making their plugin officially compatible with WPML.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 19, 2019 at 7:10 pm #4054187

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'll wait for your reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 20, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4060095

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

Since my issue is not showing the Arabic characters, I have edited the Arabic text to English so you will be able to work and understand this better.

I hope we can find a solution to this issue.

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4062109

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks!

I was able to add now an Arabic product category (غير مصنف). Please see the attached screenshot arabic-category-is-showing.jpg. What I did was to add this category (غير مصنف) to the 'My Arabic Product 1' product and update. Then when I returned to edit the #36 page with the WP Page Builder, it was available for selection. But indeed, Arabic products that have this category do not show.
Can we agree that this is the problem that I'm asking our compatibility team to look at?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 21, 2019 at 9:30 am #4065767

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

All categories are showing correctly in that page, but the problem is for some reason no products are showing in that section, just like the screenshot you attached, it only shows the categories names.
That's the main issue.

I want to show the Arabic products under these categories names, just like in the English page:
hidden link

Thanks

June 24, 2019 at 6:25 am #4074881

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the confirmation of the issue.

I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team. They will check if a fix from our side is possible. If our compatibility is not able to fix this issue, then they will try to contact the author of the WP Page Builder plugin.

I'll keep you informed here on any news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

June 26, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4094649

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility developer has debugged this issue and found the way to make the Arabic products show with the CF Tab Module. Here is what you need to do.

1. Edited a product.

2. Scroll down to the "Multilingual content setup" section and click the 'Show System Fields'.

3. Set to copy all the following fields:
a. All fields that start with _neo_*
b. All fields that start with wpneo_*
c. All fields that start with _nf_*
d. wpcf_predefined_pledge_amount

4. Updated a product and its translation.

5. Add a new CF Tab Module in a page, (it only work if a new module already added modules are not showing the products).

6. Save the page.

Now the products will show. I've tried it here.
hidden link

Can you please confirm that it is working for you?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 27, 2019 at 6:59 am #4097005

Sohieb Alhamwi

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
As i see on the link you sent to me, it shows the Arabic products but it still showing the English categories, as we already translated before:

test 1 in arabic is "arabic test"
test 2 in arabic is "arabic test 2"

But on the link: hidden link
it shows the Arabic products but with the English categories!

Thanks,

June 27, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4101849

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, I can see this issue now. I'm consulting our compatibility developer about this issue.
I'll keep you updated here.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Categories Issue’ is closed to new replies.