Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 3:27 pm #2793930

neetuS

Hi,

I was creating new categories. And i want to translate all these categories to hindi language.

I deleted all old categories. And created all categories from scratch.

The issue i am facing is that there are no categories visible in the WPML ->Taxonomy Translation .

As per my understanding categories should be visible under this. I have no idea why this is not showing there.

Translating categories through that area is very easy and fast as compare to Posts -> Category option.

my site link : foodyshoody.com

Kindly check this issue.

October 9, 2018 at 1:33 am #2797641

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 2:28 am #2797895

neetuS

Hi,

Thank you for your response.
There were other issues in my site also which are not related to wpml. So, as per theme developer suggestion i recreated child theme.

After that i found that all other issues resolved automatically.

And wpml texonomy translations are working fine. I think child theme was creating issue.

I will be get in touch if this issue appear again.

October 9, 2018 at 4:59 pm #2801306

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos