This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4171079

santoshK

I am trying to: Switch translation from the translation dropdown.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: orienbites.com

I expected to see: all images and product categories loading correctly.

Instead, I got: Images on found and categories pages not found.

July 9, 2019 at 10:47 pm #4174717

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please go to Settings -> Permalinks and click the save button. Does this solve the 404 error?

Further, please verify if the categories are proper translated. Go to WPML -> Taxonomie Translation and select the respective taxonomy from the dropdown.

Check if all categories are translated correctly by clicking on the pencil or plus icon. Verifz of the categories are assigned to the correct default language. In case the bottom of the page offers an option to snychronize the taxonomy please run it.

I hope this will solve the issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 10, 2019 at 8:16 am #4177161

santoshK

The product pages are showing now, but the categories pages are not showing: hidden link

Also the images are not loading in the translations, like the the logo, the categories image.

Additional info: the website is on Twig.

Please help.

July 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #4179477

santoshK

Please help, stuck on this one.

July 10, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4181523

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

July 12, 2019 at 12:30 am #4193639

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for providing access to your site.

I can see you been using a starter theme to create your own custom theme. I will like to give you some advises on how to proceed in order to make your content translatable, but please take note that our support does not cover any custom works. Fir more detailed support in regards to the theme I will have to kindly ask zou to contact one of our contractors.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

https://wpml.org/contractors/

Any content inside of the page editor will be able to translate using the WPML Translation Editors. Any content like Footers, Headers, Widget Texts, and Theme and Plugin options will need to be translated with our plugin String Translation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

In order tomake strings available for translation themes and plugins will need to be scanned for new strings at WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

In case strings are not showing up on String Translation the issue might be that the strings have not been proper coded, as they need ato be wrapped into a getText call and imclude the respective language domain.

https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/

Further, on the bottom of the String Translation screen you will find the option "translate strings in admin screens.
As example here I was able to locate the logo ID base don the language domain of the custom theme. I marked the string, applied the changes and then translated the ID on String Translation. This is the proper way to translate logo's but in your case the logos are not showing up what might be related to an issue in the headers of your custom theme.

After scanning the theme only two strings been added. Possibly you will need to revise your theme files and apply the repsective changes.

For now, please make sure to update all available plugins and also download our add-ons Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual, Contact Form 7 Multilingual, WPML All Import and WooCommerce Multilingual. Those plugins are crucial in order to translate these plugins.
You can find the components at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

https://wpml.org/2019/02/announcing-contact-form-7-ml/

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Once everything is set and updated and you been going through the documentations please let me know if you experience any further issues in order with assisting you to translate custom fields, form, and more.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 12, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4198973

santoshK

Thank you for sharing your comments. It has helped us solve many of the issues, however few issues still persist, can you please help us with it. The media and text we notice (point 1,2,3 mentioned hereunder) under My Themes (screenshot attached) is not translating/showing. Please help fixing these too.
1.Site logo not showing.
2.Certificate images not showing in product page in translation.
3. Footer address not showing in translations.
4. AMP builder modules not showing on translated pages.

Look forward to your reply.

July 12, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4201345

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have translated the imageID of the logo on string translation. This is the common way to translate logo´s.

The fact that this logo is not displayed correctly must be related to an issue with the theme. Could you please verify if the logo appear translated if you switch to a default them like TwentyNineteen?

For the Advanced Custom Fields I am not sure why the translation of the images is not working out as expected. The images do appear in the Dutch site while on the French site the translation did not work out.
Could you please update Advanced Custom Fields PRO to the latest version, then translate again and let me know if the issue persists?

For the AMP Page Builder I have set the AMP Layouts (amppb_layout) to "translatable" inside of the WPML -> Settings. Could you please try to translate the content again?

Also make sure to have all plugins up to date.

I further, would ask you try to run the site in minimum setup, to see if the issues persists. For example you are using a pluign called WPML For AMP. This is not an official WPML plugin and it can not be garanteed if it functions with WPML. The plugin has not been tested with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=WPML&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to an exisiting issue and to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

July 12, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4201353

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Additional to my last email.

About the footer I can not follow how this was created. At appearance -> Widgets -> Footer I can not find any address. Make sure to create the footer for all pages here and then set it to appear on all languages. Afterwards translate the footer on String Translation by selecting the Widgets language domain.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 16, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4221825

santoshK

Hi there, thank you for your advice, setting custom field table to translate, did the trick.

1. However, Italian does not support a few feilds (attached in screenshot). Buttons, Testimonials header and our story section,

2. Additionally when I change language on one page and then go on to navigate to another page, I am having to switch language once again.

3. Not all menu options show up on all languages both for header and footer.

can you please help me with it. Thanks.

July 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm #4223443

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

As far I can see the button and testimonials are showing up translate don the French version.

The issue here seems to be that the other homepages ar enot completely translated into IT, ES and NL. Same is with the testimonilals, only with the difference that they are translated, but into English.

In case the language switcher redirects to the default language, this must be caused due to the fact, that the page is not completely translated. Could you please give me some examples?

The menus will need to be arranged at Appearance -> Menus. Only already translated pages, posts and taxonomies will be available to be added to each menu for each language. You further can use the option WPML -> WP Menus sync.

For the footer you will need to translate them with String Translation or create one footer menu for each language at Appearcane -> Widgets.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Please provide me detailed information about the persisting issues after translating the pages and testemonials.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 22, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4258613

santoshK

Hi there,

The above points got fixed. Appreciate your help. However now I have a new issue on the home page,

1. Whenever I try to edit the Spanish page it shows as 500 Internal page error (attached image).

2. I am facing issues with AMP ACF translation, can you please help with these?

Thanks.

July 24, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4276695

santoshK

Request you to please reply to our above issues.

July 25, 2019 at 9:21 am #4281261

santoshK

It has been 3 days and no one has responded to this, can someone look into this please.

July 31, 2019 at 3:49 am #4311393

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Santhosh,

Kindly apologize for the delay, Andreas is off for a vacation the ticket is missed out in his thread I will continue responding to your issue.

1) 500 error can be due to various reasons, I have checked your debug log but there is nothing helpful could you please help me with server error log which can be obtained from your hosting provider. paste the log content to the pastebin.com and share the link to me

2) Could you please explain what exactly is the issue with AMP ACF translation, Also let me know the steps to reproduce the issue. please make sure you have followed steps mentioned the documentation to make ACF fields translatable
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Categories page not translating and a few images are not showing’ is closed to new replies.