This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translated category not showing posts accordingly.

Solution: The post wasn't translated, marking the post as "display as translated" solved the issue.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maximeS-10 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 12:40 am #3753011

maximeS-10

I am trying to: translate categories while keeping the same content from the original one

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
original: hidden link
translated: hidden link

I expected to see: the same content from the original in the translated category

Instead, I got: an empty translated category

May 7, 2019 at 4:42 am #3753805

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in! I’m happy to help out.

It seems you have translated the category into the secondary language but the ad isn't translated, it's also required to translate the ads if you want to show it in the translated category.

I suggest using "Display as a feature" feature if you don't want to translate the ad/categories and show it similar in the translated language, more information here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Let me know if this helps, If that’s not what you’re looking for, apologies! Send me a screenshot of the issue that you’re facing and I’ll take another look at it!

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 7:15 am #3754703

maximeS-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!