Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 7:48 am #5863153

autumnW

Hi

Is there any update on this issue ?

April 10, 2020 at 8:44 am #5882411

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey there,

Sorry for this late reply. My colleague is out of the office so I'll have a look at this ticket.

I followed all the thread and I could see that the button links are the problem here. I checked the German version of the homepage and I could see that the link from the Möbel ansehen is now hidden link.

However, the link added in the translation editor is hidden link. Can you tell me if you manually edited the link of that element by editing the German version of the page using Elementor, please? I just want to make sure that I'm following all the changes that you made.

I'll keep an eye on this ticket so I can get back on it once you reply back here.

Thanks,
Radu

April 10, 2020 at 9:09 am #5882497

autumnW

Hi

Yes we manually edited the links as yevttee said to

but the buttons re the issue

i set all the buttons and urls in the english verison to the corrsponding english pages but they do not change correctly in the other langauges

yvette suggested to use the Translate Link Targets settings to update all links

but it thinks there is 118000 links to update adn it cannot complete them

she belived that there was a issue there and was making a ticket to move it up to another devloper to check this

i made a duplicated site and sent it to her to work with

so it seems to be a 2 part issue but related to the Translate Link Targets system

April 12, 2020 at 9:21 pm #5892947

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you go to Dashboard → Plugins → Add new → Commercial tab, select the Beta value for the Updates channel dropdown, and press the Switch button on the right side, please?

This way, the beta version of WPML will be installed on your website. In this version, there's an issue about the links on Elementor that we fixed.

I also tried to do the same, created a new page, added a new button element, filled the link field, and then translated the page. The link changed automatically on the translated page, as expected.

Can you try to create a test page too (once the beta version of WPML is installed) and tell me if the issue is fixed on your side too, please?

Before doing all of this, please create a full backup of your website. This way, if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to roll everything back. As I mentioned, I followed exactly the same steps on my website right now, and things worked well. However, it's always a good idea to have a backup.

Thanks,
Radu

April 14, 2020 at 9:00 am #5902089

autumnW

i have changed to beta

hidden link

i have setup a test product

there is a link to the furniture category and sofa category

a button title and text link

the furniture works but the sofa does not

i checked this section in the wpml

There is new translated content on this site. You can scan posts and strings to adjust links to point to translated content.

Translate Link Targets

Processing strings... 4620 of 108209 done.

but it cannot get past this amount of links

and i dont think there should be 108209 links

April 16, 2020 at 9:17 am #5920557

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Sorry for this delayed reply. It took me a while but I managed to replicate this issue.

I finally found out that the link of the button is not changed when you're trying to use a product sub-category. As you could see on your test page, when you're using a link of a parent category, the link is changed well.

Now that I was able to replicate this on a clean install and find a step-by-step way to do that, I passed everything to my colleagues and see if there's any quick fix for this. I will keep you posted as soon as I have any updates about this.

Thanks,
Radu

April 16, 2020 at 10:44 am #5921457

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

One of my colleagues had a look at this but it couldn't find anything wrong on the settings. This is the reason why I escalated this to the 2nd tier support. This way, my colleagues will check this on the coding/database side and see why it is happening.

I will keep you posted about the progress we're making on this. We fixed an issue about the links from Elementor lately, but it seems that the issue reported by you is a edge-case that we'll need to fix too.

Thanks,
Radu

April 16, 2020 at 12:10 pm #5922273

autumnW

Thanks Radu

Are they also going to check why wpml tries to check 118,000 links or is the a seprate issue ?

April 16, 2020 at 12:28 pm #5922673

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

This part about the big number of links doesn't seem to be related to the issue from this ticket. In this case, it would be great if you could open a new ticket so we can check it out in a new thread.
We are trying to keep just one topic on each ticket so other users that might have the same issue can easily find the right ticket.

Thanks,
Radu

April 20, 2020 at 7:27 am #5945849

autumnW

i posted a new ticket for the links so i await your reply on the progress of the links

April 20, 2020 at 6:10 pm #5952699

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for opening a separate ticket for the links.

Regarding this category links issue, my colleagues already started testing it. They found some code that might be causing the issue but it is still in progress. I will keep you posted about this as soon as I have some helpful information.

Thanks,
Radu

April 21, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5960761

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

My colleagues checked this out and it seems that there's an issue on the children of taxonomy.
However, there's a workaround that you can apply. Please try to make the changes presented by my colleague here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/links-are-not-correct/page/2/#post-5254699

and try again to create a page with the same button. Is everything working as expected this time? I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

May 4, 2020 at 2:16 pm #6054049

autumnW

Hi

sorry for delay it is a difficult time with the current situation

i have made that change to the file

but i get a site error which needs to be debugged so i reverted back to the backup i made

i have the file i have edited but cannot send it here how can i get it to you ?

May 7, 2020 at 9:42 am #6078081

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I added here hidden link the whole content of the absolute-links.class.php, with the modified code. Just simply copy the whole code on your website and everything should work fine this time.

I checked the website after I made the change and there was no error.

Thanks,
Radu

May 9, 2020 at 8:56 am #6093507

autumnW

I have updated the file and created a new test page

hidden link

i have added a button and heading and a text link to a product parent cat and child cat

i then added the translation in wpml from the edit page screen

these is the resualts

DE

sofas heading link did not go to the german page but the english page all others worked

FR

All good

ES

All good

NL

All good

Ch

All good

Thankyou for your assistance not sure why that one heading to sofas cat in de dosnt work though

The topic ‘[Closed] category links not updating to other languages’ is closed to new replies.