If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Matteo Canever 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
February 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm #102202

Ahmed

Hello there,

I just installed WPML to test it out, and i added an arabic language to my english site. The issue now is that translated categories return page cannot be displayed, and i noticed that if i update the translated categories via wordpress admin panel, they work fine, and the original categories break instead.

My theme is Thesis 2, am using the latest version of WPML CMS + translation string. My permalinks are set to %postname%.html and i can not change that by any mean (will lose all my deep backlinks)
hidden link is currenly working,and the broken categories are at hidden link

any solution to this problem?
thanks.

February 5, 2013 at 9:42 pm #102212

Ahmed

I found out the yoast SEO strip category base option was causing this issue, now i disabled the option and my categories url show as: hidden link.

Is there a WPML safe way to strip the category base from the URL?

Thanks

February 6, 2013 at 7:50 am #102259

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ahmed,

Try this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/no-category-base-wpml/

Please note I am not sure whether this works with the latest version for WPML but you can try it out and update this thread with your feedback.

February 8, 2013 at 4:35 am #102749

Ahmed

Thanks! Seems to work perfectly!

February 8, 2013 at 9:32 am #102832

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Wonderful! You are welcome 🙂

May 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm #130377

Matteo Canever

Thank you, I was struggling for 20 mn!!