If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices.

Last updated by ivanR-11 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 7:53 pm #3218761

Marvin

@bruno Oke thanks, I hope the devs will pick it up fast :). I found allready a lot of reports of this problem. The thing about my clients is that they are not able to turn on/off plugins. I really don't want them fishing around in wpml, yoast or other plugin settings.

So the "workaround" doesn't work for my clients, they have to get in contact so I can enable/disable the plugins.

@leonb Thanks 🙂 Bulk is going to be faster

February 21, 2019 at 10:14 pm #3230164

leonB-2

You're welcome, but please use the correct handle @leonb-2 else I don't get the message 😉

I thought it might help if I'd report this the prober way with Yoast SEO so I searched their Github Issues buglist and I found this one that might be the one that is related to our common problem: hidden link

February 22, 2019 at 7:54 am #3231225

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi @leonb-2, thank you for sending this link, I've sent it to our developers so that they can check it as well.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2019 at 8:40 am #3243506

Marvin

@leonb-2 Sorry! wrong handle doesnt work indeed.

I can't see the hidden link, could you share the github post ID?

February 26, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3245194

leonB-2

I don't think it can do any harm to post the link in this case. If i leave out the http, wil it be hidden still? github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/12220

February 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm #3245282

Marvin

Nope, Got it thanks 🙂

March 3, 2019 at 5:44 am #3265711

mohssenA

Hey I have the same problem in my website

March 4, 2019 at 9:17 am #3267609

Marvin

@mohssena there is no solution jet. Hope there will be an update soon!

March 7, 2019 at 8:53 am #3282975

amparoM-2

Same problem in a 2 years old website, please find a solution, I can't desactivate Yoast.

March 7, 2019 at 10:57 am #3283748

leonB-2

I know from experience that Yoast is helpful for SEO but I'm getting doubts about WPML. I want to use it for a relatively small site and texts can't be translated anyway. WPML settings are a labyrinth I keep getting lost in. The documentation is not very clear either. It's disappointing while it's the most expensive plugin I have. This annoying new problem taking weeks feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. It has already cost me so much time that I think I it would be easier to just translate stuff by hand.

March 12, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3323915

Marvin

The enable/disable plugin "fix" doen't work anymore after the last update and the subpages still give a 404.

Whats the solution for this problem now?

March 15, 2019 at 12:13 pm #3353711

leonB-2

@bruno-k Is there any progress at all? Has there been contact between WPML and Yoast SEO about this? Any idea about how long it will take before this is fixed?

It's getting hard to explain to my client that he has to pay for renewing a plugin that's broken his site.

March 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm #3355481

yuryS-4

@bruno-k - I agree with @lenonB-2 - Our site is still broken and we are desperately in need of a fix. Is there any update on this yet?

March 15, 2019 at 5:01 pm #3355901

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I've checked the status and it has been heavily worked on and already passed several rounds of testing. Also, code is actively being reviewed by senior development staff. The issue however is very complex, not only because it involves Yoast, but also various methods of permalink flushing and rewrite rules, most likely that's why it also required another plugin to be resolved.

As soon I will have some new information, I will update this thread accordingly.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 19, 2019 at 8:56 am #3376581

Marvin

For some extra info about this problem:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/last-problem-issnt-fixed/#post-3376509

Hope the "extra" plugin will be done soon, this problem has a very big SEO impact for the websites that have this problem. Can't change the url to /category/ and the 404 also issn't good for SEO. Our customers are losing Google ranking fast. 🙁

At least we have a tempory enable/disable plugin fix.