This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
May 9, 2016 at 7:06 am #877873

Janatan Snippert

I am trying to: translate categories and synchronizing menus related to categories. but translations relation missing and everything duplicated.

1. i have three languages: fa, en, ar which fa is the default one.
2. i switched to default language,
3. then i created categories and sub categories,
4. then i translated all of them using "Taxonomy Translation".
5. at this point translated categories lost their parent! and i manually reassigned their parents in any language.
6. then i created fa menu (including pages and categories and subcategories)
7. then i clicked on "Synchronize menus between languages"
8. at this point everything is a mess, all categories duplicated 3 times, for each language i have distinct set of categories which are all untranslated in other languages. menus depending on sub categories not synchronized.

lots of categories and data and wpml won't able to do it right.
i don't know what to do, 🙁

May 10, 2016 at 6:44 am #878833

Dat Hoang

You're using the latest versions of WPML 3.3.8 and its add-ons.

#1,
For this step "5. at this point translated categories lost their parent! and i manually reassigned their parents in any language.", we have a tab called "Synchronize Hierarchy" in WPML > Taxonomy Translation.

You should use it.

Can you please try again for the step 2 per my suggestion. Does that help?

#2,
If #1 does not help, can you please take some screenshots to show me what you're getting now?
As I understand, you're talking the default post categories under hidden link

#3,
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

May 10, 2016 at 9:20 am #878966

Janatan Snippert

hi
no it's not default categories,
hidden link

as you can see in screenshot 3, i have the hierarchy,
in screenshot 2 it shows it's already synchronized (but you can see zeros in top of screenshot 3, so what is really synced?),
in screenshot 1 you can see they are not translated.

it is not synchronized(screenshot 4).

May 11, 2016 at 3:50 am #879763

Dat Hoang

Please answer me with the numbering like #1, #2 and etc. That helps both of us track the questions and answers more quickly.

#1,
Thanks for your screenshots.

Based on your screenshots, you have not translated your portfolio categories into other languages (English and Arabic)? And you're expecting they are translated automatically?

Please note that WPML does NOT automatically translate your categories/taxonomies, you need to translate them.

See more at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

#2,
In the document link we have a section called "Synchronizing Hierarchical Taxonomies" which explains what the button "Synchronize Hierarchy" does.

#3,
Not yet.

May 16, 2016 at 7:23 am #882948

Janatan Snippert

you can see my action in following video,
hidden link

following error logged in php error log many times:

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'  INSERT INTO `wp_icl_translations` (`element_type`, `language_code`, `trid`) VALUES ('post_post', 'fa', '1318') require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-admin\admin.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-load.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-config.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, SitePress->rebuild_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_posts, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_post, SitePress->set_element_language_details, WPML_Set_Language->set, WPML_Set_Language->insert_new_row
 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' در  INSERT INTO `wp_icl_translations` (`element_type`, `language_code`, `trid`, `element_id`) VALUES ('post_post', 'fa', '1318', '3368') require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-admin\admin.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-load.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-config.php'), require_once('D:\app\woodas\wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, SitePress->rebuild_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_posts, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_post, SitePress->set_element_language_details, WPML_Set_Language->set, WPML_Set_Language->insert_new_row

based on this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/
i have no language box at bottom of category edit page.

i don't no what causes the issue, enabling and disabling plugins won't fix the issue.

May 16, 2016 at 12:28 pm #883183

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info and video. They're valuable for us to understand the issue.

I think the causes are the errors above.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

May 17, 2016 at 5:02 am #883721

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info.

The WordPress info is good but FTP is wrong. Please check this again. You can update your own replies if you want edit any info.

I'm checking the issue in your site as well.

May 17, 2016 at 5:26 am #883726

Janatan Snippert

FTP Problem Fixed

May 17, 2016 at 6:20 am #883744

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info.

I can see this issue in your site.
Is that possible if we disable, enable and install plugins/themes in your site?

We'd like test the issue in the minimal environment.

May 17, 2016 at 6:37 am #883755

Janatan Snippert

yes,
it is a demo server you can totally destroy it if necessary.
i have full backup of files and database.

issue not resolved yet, mistakenly i selected resolved choice.

May 18, 2016 at 6:05 am #884699

Janatan Snippert

is there any fixes? my issue not resolved yet. how can i mark thread as unresolved?
i'm on a deadline....

please help

May 18, 2016 at 2:29 pm #885260

Janatan Snippert

issue resolved:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-save-anything-in-wordpress-zero-ids-in-database/#post-885256

May 23, 2016 at 2:11 am #887766

Dat Hoang

I'm sorry for not responding this ticket since it's marked "Resolved".

It looks like you have resolved the issue. If you have any other issue, please open a new ticket.