This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John de Lange 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 3:38 am

John de Lange

I am trying to:

Add the Category widget as Gutenberg block on a page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Not available in the secondary language as the page won't save. It is working in the primary language Dutch: hidden link

I expected to see:

The English version of the blog categories.

Instead, I got:

a page that can't be saved.

October 8, 2019 at 11:28 pm #4718415

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This could be some compatibility issue. I noticed that it seems that in the secondary language shortcode is being displayed without formatting, besides on the backend it seems that it is not loading the script correctly.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

October 9, 2019 at 5:45 am #4719653

John de Lange

Hi Bruno,

The website is too big for Duplicator. I tried several times to generate a copy about 6 months ago... you could give it a try but I don't think that will work. Any other options?

As this is my live site, I have installed a Slider to do the job. I would like to replace that page but I can setup another page for you to test.

Regards,

John

October 9, 2019 at 8:32 pm #4725501

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you. I was able to download your site using Duplicator, but in the package, I filtered the images because it was not related to the issue. That way the site became small.

In my test environment, to fix the problem I followed the steps below:

- Click on the Pages > All Pages
- Click to edit the "Blog Categorieën" page
- Make a slight change to the content (add a character in the first paragraph, for example)
- Click on the Update button
- Click to edit the Translation and translate the new fields
- Check all "Translation is complete" checkbox
- Click on the Save & Close button
- By following these steps I am able to see the secondary language categories

Please, let me know if after following these steps you can see the categories in the secondary language.

Thank you.

October 12, 2019 at 6:26 am #4742305

John de Lange

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!