This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Greg Wierzba 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Greg Wierzba.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 6:40 am #3086076

markC-36

WPengine content performance plugin is not working and there support have advised it's due to WPML..

I've been looking into this more and it does look like the 500 errors from the plugin that Jessica pointed out do appear to line up exactly with the 500 errors within content performance.

Here's the most recent example;

[Sat Jan 12 08:06:45.575981 2019] [php7:error] [pid 16862] [client 54.167.86.244:32258] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_id() on null in /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php:174\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: WPML_Endpoints_Support->endpoint_permalink_filter('hidden link...', 29518)\n#1 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters('hidden link...', Array)\n#3 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-includes/link-template.php(331): apply_filters('page_link', 'hidden link...', 29518, false)\n#4 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-includes/link-template.php(144): get_page_link(Object(WP_Post), false, false)\n#5 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/absolute-links/absolute-links.class.php(278): get_permalink(Object(WP_Post))\n#6 /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(3940): AbsoluteLinks->_p in /nas/content/live/bngen/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php on line 174, referer: hidden link

So it 500s at 8:06:45 and at the same second we get this 500 also within content performance;

54.167.86.244 businessnamegenerator.com - [12/Jan/2019:08:06:45 +0000] "POST /wp-json/cpp/v1/posts/ HTTP/1.0" 500 0 "hidden link" "wpe-content-performance"

I understand we can't disable the plugin or indeed modify Live in any way so the best way forward from here would be reaching out to the plugin developers for sitepress-multilingual-cms and see if they have any input for the above error. If we could resolve that that should also resolve the 500 within content performance and allow it to run & collect data as normal.

Any advice you can give on fixing this would be very helpful.

Thanks, Mark

January 14, 2019 at 8:37 am #3086318

Greg Wierzba
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Warsaw (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

From debug information provided by you I see that you use outdated version of WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.1.1
There was similar issues like yours in the past, and I believe that update to newest version may be a solution of your issue.

Please let me know if it helps.