This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
March 18, 2019 at 6:03 pm

joannaP

In regards to this website: hidden link

The `Advanced Custom Fields` plugin has the ability to add content in the wp_options table:
hidden link

We are using some options for a global call to action image, text and link:
hidden link

This content is NOT being translated at the moment and this needs to be fixed.

Example page: hidden link
The "Get Started with SQF" under the Featured Events is not showing up in the backend or front end of WordPress.

March 19, 2019 at 6:56 am #3375925

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of a known compatibility conflict with ACF Options pages. It requires more cross-checking. Therefore please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

I have a doubt. Because not able to reproduce the following on your site exactly. So please share exact steps to replicate the issue.

Example page: hidden link
The "Get Started with SQF" under the Featured Events is not showing up in the backend or front end of WordPress.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 19, 2019 at 8:00 am #3376067

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Joanna/Kevin

We are already working on the solution for this and here is an ACFML with proposed solution.

hidden link

please:

- create a site backup as this is dev version with fixes also for some other issues which could interact with your site in unexpected way
- update the plugin with the one from the link
- go to your options page and save it (just to save translation information)
- go to wpml > string translations and find your strings from options page.
- translate it and save translations

Please confirm this is working or not

March 19, 2019 at 8:44 pm #3383393

joannaP

Hi Konrad,

Thank you for the information. We made the updates and the shortcode still is NOT translating.

WPML config file added in the root of the theme:
hidden link

Example page in English: hidden link

Same page in Chinese: hidden link

The buttons are using shortcode and not translating.

Please let us know what our next steps should be. Do you want to schedule another screenshare call?

March 20, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3389029

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

but do you see those strings in the WPML > String Translation?

March 21, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3406671

joannaP

For the ACF Options we now see the fields of type `Text` and `Image` in WPML > String Translation

... but we do NOT see the field of type `Link` (we need to translate this because it contains text for a button)

March 22, 2019 at 6:47 am #3437781

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

OK, indeed I see that file of type "link" is a compound structure and this will not be easy to fix this now. I will handle it but I can't fix it same fast.

For time being, please instead of using this field, use a few fields with type "text": in one store the URL, in the next one store the text which will be wrapped in the link...