This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 8:30 pm #4242287

enricoC-24

I have a form hidden before the selection of some radio button.
In the default language CF7 work properly with ajax and don't reload the page for submitting the form.
In the secondary language, the form made a POST call, reloading the page and making disappear the form.

(it's the second huge problem in only one day of subscription.... -.-)

July 18, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4242415

enricoC-24

Is it really needed the translations managment plugin for translatin cf7?
I must use only one form and translate it only via translations management?

July 19, 2019 at 1:33 am #4242855

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This could be a script problem or some configuration that was not done correctly.

To translate Contact Form 7 fields, you must follow the steps in our documentation: https://wpml.org/2019/02/announcing-contact-form-7-ml/. Following these steps, does the problem persist?

>>> Is it really needed the translations managment plugin for translatin cf7?
I must use only one form and translate it only via translations management?

If you want, you can try to create a form for each language and use the corresponding shortcodes. For example, an English form will generate a shortcode. Another form in French, will generate a different shortcode. Then you can grab each of these shortcodes and put the specific pages.

Thank you.

July 19, 2019 at 6:41 am #4244233

enricoC-24

If you want, you can try to create a form for each language and use the corresponding shortcodes. For example, an English form will generate a shortcode. Another form in French, will generate a different shortcode. Then you can grab each of these shortcodes and put the specific pages.

I've done exactly this operation and the form in original language work properly, while the new form, with new shortcode on the secondary language, do a post call instead of an ajax call.
Is it normal?

So I changed, removing the second form and using always the original form, but translated.
this is the only way it works correctly, but I don't trust so much in this solution.

July 19, 2019 at 11:52 pm #4248517

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for the feedback. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] cf7 form in secondary language reload page’ is closed to new replies.