We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 3, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3053383

mamadouD-5

I already asked the question on the forum, your answer did not help,
My problem: if we translate the texts of the options of the theme, when we publish the site, in the English part the texts remain displayed in French.
Can you fix the problem yourself, even if I have to pay, please give me a rate

January 3, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3054188

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I was able to find this ticket here (https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/part-service-translation-problem/ - I also found the site credentials in that ticket) but I would need you to please elaborate a bit more on what exactly you are trying to accomplish and what is the exact problem.

Some screenshots and/or links would help a lot.

From what I can understand, you want to translate some strings that come with the theme that you are using but I don't know which strings. Can you tell me what are the strings that you want to translate and what are the exact steps that you already followed so that I can understand better what you tried already?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 14, 2019 at 7:32 am #3086123

mamadouD-5

Hello sir,
This capture is on the home page, as you can see the page is in English but some words in French like "Thé", "boite aux lettres"

That's the problem when all these words have been translated like the others

January 15, 2019 at 5:49 am #3090874

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I understand and I see the issue in the screenshot you attached.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

January 15, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3094346

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I can confirm that I have received the site credentials and that they fully work.

I see on your website that there are a lot of available plugins updates and that there is an update for the actual theme that you use.

❌ Important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following the steps ❌

The WPML version and the WPML add-ons are running on very old versions so I would need you to please first update all the plugins and themes that have updates at the moment.

Then please try and see if the issue is still happening.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 18, 2019 at 1:46 am #3104178

mamadouD-5

Hello sir,

I looked, it seems to me that the update is paying.
We bought WPML less than a year ago.

Do I need to pay for it works, if so, what is the version that I have to take, I saw that there are several rates, is the one at $ 29 enough?

thank you in advance

January 18, 2019 at 2:36 am #3104433

mamadouD-5

Hello sir,
I managed to update but the problem is not resolved.

thank you in advance

January 18, 2019 at 5:27 pm #3106978

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

You have a yearly membership as far as I can see in the system.

I logged into your website but I still see a lot of plugins available, including one for the WordPress theme that you are using. So I would need you to first back up the website completely (files and db) and then make all the available updates as the issue that are existing might be due to the updates that are missing at the moment.

Please let me know when that's done so that I can continue with the tests.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 18, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3107146

mamadouD-5

I had updated the plugins e report with WPML.

Now I have updated the plugins as well as the theme

January 20, 2019 at 4:50 am #3108766

mamadouD-5

I received a message that you have been hacked, thank you for telling me if I can send access to my site again, I just change them

January 21, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3113434

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, we got hacked this weekend.

If you want, please take a minute and read what had happened and what are we doing to protect your data here - https://wpml.org/2019/01/wpml-org-site-back-to-normal-after-an-attack-during-the-weekend/

It is great that you removed/changed access already for the users you provided us with above.

I will activate the private fields one again and if all the updates are done on the site, you can add the credentials below so that I can continue the debugging process for your site.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 22, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3116944

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I can confirm that I have received the credentials and that I was able to log into your WordPress panel.

I will need to spend some time on debugging this so I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 23, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3121817

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

From what I can see, the Frech words from the English homepage in your screenshot above look good now on the English homepage.

Can you please let me know if this issue has been solved?

I will also attach 2 screenshot comparisons (one from the default-language homepage and one from the EN homepage).

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 24, 2019 at 2:02 am #3122912

mamadouD-5

Hello,
On your screenshots, the word "sales policy" is in English for French and for English.

The menu of the site is in English also in the 2 cases

January 24, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3125687

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

Mihai is not available today, if you wish, we can continue working on your case or you can wait until tomorrow when he is back.

In case you can to continue, I've been checking your case and it seems that these strings are being kept in cache. In order to continue, could you please:

1. Upgrade all your WPML package to the latest version.
2. Backup completely your site.
- Go to WPML > Support.
- Click on 'troubleshooting' link.
- Click on the 'Clear the cache in WPML' button.
- Click on the 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables' button.
- Click on the 'Set language information' button.

I'll wait for your instructions.

Regards

The topic ‘[Closed] chain translation problem’ is closed to new replies.