Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3274643

mamadouD-5

OK well received

March 8, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3293104

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you so much for your patience.

After hours spent on setting the site on a local environment in the end and testing multiple things, I think I might have found the main issue that is causing the current situation.

Taking into consideration that the services are created from the theme options, it's obvious that we are dealing with admin text fields.

The XML config lines in WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration are fine and they are already there.

However, the issue is that when we go to WPML > String Translation > Translate text in admin screens, I don't know why but it seems that we have 2 records with the same name and that is "onetone". It should be only one "onetone" record, as it is for the "onetone_pro".

Due to this, WPML gets confused I guess and doesn't know which one to take into consideration so the easiest thing we could try is to manually add the fields by selecting them and add them straight from the "Translate text in admin screens" panel into WPML > String Translation.

What I would need you to do now is to increase the MaxInputVars to 31000 - currently you have them set at 1000.

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 31000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 31000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 31000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

Please let me know when that's done.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 12, 2019 at 12:02 am #3317199

mamadouD-5

Thank you for these investigations.
Does this work on your local server?
thank you in advance

March 13, 2019 at 9:42 am #3331361

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Yes, I have tested this method on my local where I just tried to translate 3 strings from the homepage.

I will also attach a screenshot so that you can see both the FR and EN version of my local site.

However, I now thought I would just give it a try to translate all of them so it seems it still doesn't find some of them.

Also, from what I have seen, the website that the developers of the theme created to show off the theme have many pages that don't work anymore (returning 404 errors) and it seems they have migrated their theme completely on the wordpress.org directory.

Just a few examples of links not working anymore below:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

It is very possible that there are compatibility issues with this theme as I also can't find it being part of our official WPML-compatible themes directory here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

The path that we need to take going forward is to replicate the issue on a sandbox/clean install where we will have only WordPress, WPML+WPML add-ons and the 2 versions of this theme as, from what I could see, you need the PRO version of the theme so that you can create those "services" section inside the theme options.

After we have the issue recreated on our servers, I will then be able to send it to our compatibility department and they are the ones who can take this issue even forward either by coming with a workaround or by contacting the developers of the theme.

So, that being said, I have created this sandbox here (it's a one-click login so you don't need any passwords or usernames):
hidden link

I also set up WPML (with the same languages from your live site) so that you could concentrate only on the recreation of the issue.

All that I need you to do is:

1. install the 2 themes
2. create a homepage
3. create the same "services" from the live site and try to recreate the issue

That would be all you need to do. Please don't install anything else as this needs to be recreated on a clean install so that we can have as fewer obstructions as possible.

Please let me know as soon as that's done so that I can take a look and send this to our compatibility department.

I am looking forward to your reply so that we can get this moved forward and solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 15, 2019 at 2:37 am #3349903

mamadouD-5

Hello,
Thank you very much, I'll come back to you as soon as I finish doing everything you asked for

March 16, 2019 at 5:40 am #3359023

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

That sounds good.

I will leave this ticket assigned to you for the moment.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] chain translation problem’ is closed to new replies.