Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 13, 2019 at 12:48 am #3329051

Terry

I am trying to:
update design elements and have these changes be reflected site wide in multiple languages
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
shed49.com versus shed49.com/en
I expected to see:
The same slider layout
Instead, I got:
rubbish layout.

How do I solve this.

March 14, 2019 at 4:43 am #3340525

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I can see that the slider is showing perfectly so is the issue resolved? If the issue still exists, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Further, For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 16, 2019 at 1:58 pm #3360529

Terry

As an example I recently changed the price text size on shed49.com however the text size does not change on shed49.com/en. I donæt understand how to change this and where?

March 18, 2019 at 4:09 am #3365927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Have you updated the translation as well for the price text site? Could you please provide me login details so I can quickly check this?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

March 22, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3441015

Terry

To clarify, when I change a design element on the original page is it applied automatically to the translated page or do I have to make all design changes twice?

March 25, 2019 at 5:10 am #3449705

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

When I change a design element on the original page is it applied automatically to the translated page or do I have to make all design changes twice?

This differs from case to case, but most of the time, the design is automatically applied to the translated page.

I checked the hidden link and hidden link and can see the font size of the pricing text same, so is the problem still happening?

Further, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] change a design element in an original page it is not reflected in translated’ is closed to new replies.