Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 8:22 am #2766386

abdullahA-41

Tell us what you are trying to do?
-> We are using Dokan, Dokan WPML Integration and WPML plugins, respectively.
We uploaded 3 products from 3 different vendors each.

It appeared in Website(Single product page) with proper/correct Vendor's information in English website.

But when I switch language from "English" to "Arabic", that Same product showing different/wrong information about Vendor.

Instead of actual Vendor information, it showing ADMIN's details in Vendor Information tab which is totally wrong and misguiding to the customers.

Vendor's information should be same in both languages.

Please have a look:
In English Language:
hidden link

In Arabic Language:
hidden link

For ex: As you can see in above image, the product named "Yellow Dates" is under Vendor named "Getit". But when you switch language in Arabic, the same product shows Vendor name "tomor_admin" (ADMIN DETAILS), who is not the actual Vendor.

According to Standard flow, Vendor's details should be same in any language.
This is major bug and hope you resolve as early as possible.

-> Is there any documentation that you are following?
WPML and Dokan Documentation respectively.

-> What is the link to your site?
hidden link

-> Second issue is that, I want to change Author of Post/Products in Multi-lingual.

For ex:
Whenever I Login as an admin, I can to change products status, i.e, I can change Vendor's detail(Product belongs to which Vendor).

But, when I try to translate Vendor's Detail of that Product through "Woocommerce Multi-lingual", I cannot able to change Vendor's detail(as I cannot able to see that field.)

PFA, you will get my query.

I think, If you resolved this, then above issue will get resolve automatically.

Note: WPML Says it supports Dokan Plugin.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=dokan&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks and regards.

September 26, 2018 at 7:26 pm #2768476

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @abdullaha-41, welcome back 🙂

This seems to be a compatibility issue. In these cases we should test the plugin on a clean installation, to isolate the problem and run some tests.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugins to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugins and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

All the best,
Diego

September 27, 2018 at 6:15 am #2769387

abdullahA-41

Hello Diego,

I tried but its not possible to reproduce the issue with Dokan's free plugin. It doesn't allow Admin to Approve Vendor to sell the Products. Its only possible with DOKAN-PRO Plugin. Hence, I cannot reproduce the issue. PFA.

And I cannot upload the Dokan-Pro Plugin on your created "test website link", because we can use Dokan-Pro Plugin on only 5 websites as it is purchased license.

If I upload the Dokan-Pro Plugin on your "test website link", then we will lose 1 out of 5 usage of that Plugin.

You can DUPLICATE our project on your side and start debugging to resolve the issue.

If there are any other ways to resolve this issue, let us know.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks and regards.

September 27, 2018 at 1:31 pm #2770705

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

I uploaded the dokan-pro/dokan-wpml plugins on the test website. Could you please check if it's possible to reproduce now? You don't need to activate a license, just enable the plugin and setup it as the same way of your website.

This is the link: hidden link

It is very important that we reproduce the problem in a clean installation. So we can confirm that the issue does not occur because of a compatibility issue with other plugins or with some configuration of your website. This also speeds up the bug fix procedure.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 27, 2018 at 2:54 pm #2770924

abdullahA-41

Hie Diego,

I reproduced the issue on your given link.
The issue is still there.

URL: hidden link

PFA, for the issue.

Issue is:

Product's Vendor information is showing correct in English Website.
But when I switch from English to Arabic, same Product showing Wrong information(it showing Admin details).

Suggestion from my side:
When translating the Product in multi-lingual, I should able to translate or able to chose Vendor i.e. changing Author of Product, then this will work, I think.
This is just my suggestion.

Note: I haven't translated all the Strings in Arabic, because its not that much important now. I just reproduced the issue which is a major bug.

You can do debugging now and I hope you resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thanks and regards.

September 27, 2018 at 8:19 pm #2771736

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I have forwarded the details to our Themes > Plugins Compatibility Team and they will check the issue and contact the author if needed. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 28, 2018 at 4:08 am #2772473

abdullahA-41

Hi there,

I will contact the Author(Plugin) asking him to reply you(WPML Team).
But I'm expecting Solution from your side as it seems multi-lingual issue.

Because, no matter what language I switch, Dokan Plugin shows Admin's details instead of Vendor's details in Vendor Information Tab in any multi-lingual.

Waiting for your reply with precise solutions.
Thanks and regards.

September 28, 2018 at 1:25 pm #2774033

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Our team found a workaround. Apparently it is possible to correct the vendor using the following steps: :
- Go to Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Settings > Product Translation Interface
- Set it to Native WooCommerce product editing screen and save
- Go to the edit screen of the product (default language)
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- fix the vendor field and save
It worked on the test product: hidden link

For new products, you can use this workflow:
- Duplicate the product to the new language
- Go to the edit screen of the translated product
- Click on Edit Independently
This way all infos will be copied to the translation.

It worked on this new product:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Please let me know if this is a suitable solution for you

Kind regards,
Diego