This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I need to change the default language for all the products and admin interface to Romanian. All the products were created in the English language but the content was filled in Romanian.

Solution:

The user describes how he solved the problem:

I have solved the problem by deleting all the Romanian products, pages and categories and then reset the WPML plugin and start the wizard with Romanian as the default language.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eduarthS 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 9:04 am #2807292

eduarthS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to change the default language for all the products and admin interface to Romanian.
Right now I set the default language to Romanian but all the products were created in the English version and translated to Romanian.

I just want to remove the language version and all the products associated with the English version and keep only Romanian.

Is it possible to do that?

What is the link to your site?
ultrabright.ro

October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm #2809201

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In this case, you can go to Products -> All Products select the English language and select all the products. The from the bulk action field select 'Move to Trash' and press the apply button. Please see the attached screenshot. You can do the same for pages and posts.
Is there anything else that you need to remove?
Do you want to completely stop using WPML on this site?

In case that you need more help from me, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 11, 2018 at 5:09 pm #2809249

eduarthS

Hi,

Thanks for your replay.
Yes, I want to use WPML for the Romanian language.

The problem is that all the projects have a padlock on the downloads section on Romanian language and on English version I have some custom fields that in Romanian are not visible.

The same thing I have on pages.

Regards,
Eddie

October 11, 2018 at 9:37 pm #2809848

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Eddie.

About the custom fields that are not showing on the Romanian language.
It might be that they are set to 'Don't translate' so you need to set them to 'Translate' or 'Copy' depends on the need. Please see our documentation about working with custom fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/
For the documentation about how to work with WPMl and ACF, please see the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

You write: "The problem is that all the projects have a padlock on the downloads section on Romanian language"
Can you please elaborate on this issue?
What do you mean that all the projects have padlock on the download section?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

If you solve the custom fields issue, then I think that a solution for your issue (remove English) can be simply to hide the English language. You can do it in going to WPML -> Languages and scrolling down to 'Hide languages' then selecting English and press the save button. If you as the admin want to see the hidden language then go to Users -> Your profile check 'Display hidden languages' and save.

please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 12, 2018 at 6:00 am #2810859

eduarthS

Hi,

I have solved the problem by deleting all the Romanian products, pages and categories and then reset the WPML plugin and start the wizard with Romanian as the default language.

Thanks,
Eddie