This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 6:16 am #4311747

bumi-teknikU

Tell us what you are trying to do? change default language from english to indonesian

Is there any documentation that you are following? I changed English to Indonesian for the default language setting.
1. The switcher does not work, it cannot be changed to English when I use the default Indonesian language
2. All my links are missing and must be returned to English as default

Is there a similar example that we can see? I think not

What is the link to your site? hidden link

July 31, 2019 at 7:16 am #4312065

bumi-teknikU

when on the home page it is visible, but when entering other links such as New Products, the Indonesian flag is missing from the language switcher

July 31, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4314693

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you now.

I read through your chat stream but I am not sure what the actual issue right now is. Your last message says:

"when entering other links such as New Products, the Indonesian flag is missing from the language switcher"

The language switcher will only appear if you have fully translated the page. I can see in this page that you have not yet created an Indonesian version (see image). This is why the language switcher is not appearing.

If you create a translation and mark it as translation complete, the flag will appear in the switcher.

Does this answer you question?