This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Michael Diplaros 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
July 12, 2017 at 12:01 pm #1317710

marcelI-2

English is set as default language. Pages were created from Swiss-German language (prior default). Now we have the issue that none of the pages is recognized as primary language page. Opening a page in any of the languages comes with the: Warning: You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.

If I open a English page, the under "Language" it shows correctly that it is the primary and not a "translation of...".

Still there is a mess (in the database) that it's not clear anymore for WPML-plugin, that English page is the default. Otherwise the warning would not show up.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

How can we set all pages & posts to to ensure English is the original and primary again?

July 12, 2017 at 1:26 pm #1317812

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please try the following:
Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and perform all the actions of the "CleanUp" section?
Take a look at this screenshot: hidden link please.
***Don't ignore the back up warning***

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

July 13, 2017 at 10:42 am #1318628

marcelI-2

Hello Otto

Thanks a lot for your help. Actually I've found a softer workaround:

1) I had do save each page in English once more
2) The Connection between other languages was automatically canceled
3) Then I had to connect page/post once more with the other languages
4) By saving the Connection with "make English for this page as the default" saved the issue finally

Regards
Marcel

October 15, 2018 at 4:19 pm #2818248

Michael Diplaros

Hello i have the same question, if you set your site default lang English and you want to turn into another language so the English now are the second lang, what are doing to tell wpml this is the default and main language now?
Because i know when you connecting translated pages it ask you if this page is also the main language but this is help for some pages. If you want to turn whole site like when wpml's ask you at first time at installing "what is the main lang in this site"?