Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needs to change the fallback language to English for the /en part of their site, without altering the default language from Italian to English.
Solution:
We explained that the fallback feature in WPML is linked to the default language, and currently, there is no option available to set a fallback language to a secondary language. Additionally, implementing such a feature would require custom coding, which is beyond the scope of our support as per our support policy.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly suggest checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 11, 2024 at 2:17 pm #15727254

filippoR-10

Background of the issue:
I need to change the fallback language to the English part of the site (/en) without changing the default language from Italian to English. I have activities that require specific URLs that cannot be changed.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
How can I change the fallback language to English without changing the default language from Italian to English?

June 11, 2024 at 2:26 pm #15727306

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

The fallback feature works with the default language, and there isn't an option to select the fallback language to a secondary language.

Best regards,
Osama

June 14, 2024 at 7:16 am #15738430

filippoR-10

Hi Osama, thank you. Could you possibly guide me in modifying parameters in a PHP file to make this feature possible

June 14, 2024 at 10:01 am #15739509

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'm afraid that custom coding is out of our support scope. Please check our support policy. (https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/)

Thanks for your understanding

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.