This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 6:55 pm #4616627

dimitriosI

Can I change the flag icon?

I want to have flags with dimension 64x64px

September 22, 2019 at 10:35 pm #4619563

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

To update the flag icon with a different resolution:

1. Navigate to WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Edit Languages > Custom Flag
2. There you can see the custom flag option. Upload your custom flag file from here.
(By default WPML will resize the uploaded flag image to the default size. So you need to replace the uploaded file via FTP)
3. Log in to your FTP.
4. Go to the wp-content/uploads/flags folder.
5. You will be able to view the flag file uploaded from the admin(the file will be resized)
6. Replace the file with the original file
7. In the front end, adjust the CSS of the flag according to your resolution.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 23, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4623693

dimitriosI

Ι follow the steps that you provide me but the image remain to the previous height and width dimension.

September 23, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4625671

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The steps I've mentioned will work only if you are using WPML language switcher.
I just checked your site & in your case, you are using a custom language switcher.

In your case, it seems maybe you just need to upload the new flags to the website then replace the img src

If you are not familiar with updating code, it seems you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.
At this point, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.
Before doing so please have a look also here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

Thanks,
Rohan