This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I would like to change the flag icon on the language switcher and put the Brazilian flag.

Solution:
You can use custom flag images by doing below steps:

1. Upload your flag images to WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages >> Custom Flag option. This will upload your files, but resize them to 18x12

2. If you want to resize flag dimensions then with FTP program, go to wp-content/uploads/flags and upload your flag images again, overwriting the flag images that were uploaded in Step #1

3. In your custom CSS, add this code:

.wpml-ls-menu-item .wpml-ls-flag {
  height: auto !important;
  width: auto !important;
}

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kellyO-2 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4506389

kellyO-2

Hi,

I used wpml to translate my site to Portuguese (Brazil).
Instead, I misbehave and I choose Portuguese (Portugal) and then I translate the whole site to Portuguese (Portugal).

Its not a problem for me for now, but I would like to change the flag icon on the language switcher and put the Brazilian flag.

Can you help me do it?

September 3, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4506509

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can use custom flag images by doing below steps:

1. Upload your flag images to WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages >> Custom Flag option. This will upload your files, but resize them to 18x12

2. If you want to resize flag dimensions then with FTP program, go to wp-content/uploads/flags and upload your flag images again, overwriting the flag images that were uploaded in Step #1

3. In your custom CSS, add this code:

.wpml-ls-menu-item .wpml-ls-flag {
  height: auto !important;
  width: auto !important;
}

I hope it helps,

Thank you

September 3, 2019 at 8:30 pm #4507225

kellyO-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!