This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertP-50 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 5:50 pm #3819249

robertP-50

When opening up any page or post or custom post in the admin area, I always get a popup alerting me that I'm going to change the language of that post. I can choose to reload or cancel. Reload reloads the page, and keeps giving me the same popup, indefinitely. I've seen some posts indicating this might be related to another plugin.

For this site, it's the plugin 'Classic Editor', which allows you to not use the new WP Gutenberg editor. This plugin is essential for the site, so I can not disable it. Can you propose a solution? Thanks.

May 15, 2019 at 9:48 pm #3820353

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Which popup is being displayed?

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

May 15, 2019 at 11:47 pm #3820545

robertP-50

Here you go. Editing a page gives this popup, every time. Clicking OK reloads the page and gives the same popup.

May 16, 2019 at 9:36 pm #3829487

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 17, 2019 at 9:32 pm #3837033

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. This does not seem to be related to the Classic Editor (I tested this in a fresh installation). This seems to be related to your custom theme.

After selecting the default theme, this message was no longer displayed. I searched and this is usually some compatibility problem with some script you are using.

On the wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php at line 1220, replace:

wp_register_script( 'sitepress-post-edit-tags', ICL_PLUGIN_URL . '/res/js/post-edit-terms.js', array( 'jquery' ) );

with:

wp_register_script( 'sitepress-post-edit-tags', ICL_PLUGIN_URL . '/res/js/post-edit-terms.js', array( 'jquery', 'cmb2-conditionals' ) );

After following these steps, the problem has been fixed and this message is no longer displayed.

Please, could you verify that the problem persists after following the steps above?

Thank you.

May 17, 2019 at 10:47 pm #3837243

robertP-50

Seems like that fixed it, thanks! Yeah, the cmb2 conditionals is a bit of an outdated piece of code, but needed for this site. Any idea why they won't play nice?