This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3148808

patrikK-3

How do i do it. i know you have alot of these question.
But i cant find the logo.

I have followed all the guides:
1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3. Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
4. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
5. Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

I have also tried this:
Go to WPML -> String Translations -> Translate texts in admin screens »

But i dont know what too look after

February 1, 2019 at 4:16 am #3150413

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please share your Debug information with me?

You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Using the WPML -> String Translations -> Translate texts in admin screens » method could you please try to find the text something like 'gdlr_general' expand it and try to find the 'logo' string. Mark it and click 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. Then go to WPML > String Translation and translate that string.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 1, 2019 at 7:43 am #3150583

patrikK-3

Thank you, but i dont have the url. i think they use the image-id an not an url...

February 1, 2019 at 7:56 am #3150624

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, most probably it refers to the image id. You may check it on your media library and click the image and check the image id as shown in the browser address bar. (e.g. /wp-admin/upload.php?item=147 )

Have you tried translating the string on String Translation page?

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 1, 2019 at 8:49 am #3150753

patrikK-3

i did this. "'gdlr_general' expand it and try to find the 'logo' string. Mark it and click 'Apply' at the bottom of the page."
The small "loading-icon" spins and i then go back to string translation, search on "logo" i get som results, but not that "logo" with that id anyware... i also search the ID. still no string.
What do i do wrong ?

February 1, 2019 at 9:20 am #3150904

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

On WPML > String Translation > Select strings within domain: dropdown, will you able to see 'admin_texts_gdlr_general' option?

If yes, you can narrow down your search using that option.

If not, kindly add this code snippet to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration tab

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="gdlr_general">
            <key name="*"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

-then kindly re-scan your theme for strings at WPML > Theme and plugins localization page.
-search the string again on String Translation under text domain 'admin_texts_gdlr_general'.

Please let me know if you able to find the string now.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 1, 2019 at 10:19 am #3151178

patrikK-3

Still no luck

i found the "admin_text_gdlr_general (3)"
as you can se i only get 3! even thou i have re-scanned.

When i scan i find "Infinite 1060 strings" i click on that number to get access to them, search for logo, i find logos, but not the one i need translate...

February 1, 2019 at 4:57 pm #3152564

patrikK-3

I have no find out that its not saved when i hit "apply" i have tried several times...
I have added this:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

February 1, 2019 at 5:49 pm #3152781

patrikK-3

I did add your XML. but it wount find the "logo"... it finds the [gdlr_general]mobile-logo
i also tried to add this, THEN it worked! Now im very happy! 🙂
<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="*"/></key>
<key name="logo"/></key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

February 4, 2019 at 6:31 am #3156411

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Can I request a temporary access to your site? I want to take a better look at the issue. I will enable the access information box for this thread and set your next reply as private.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Change logo with goodlayer infinite 2 theme’ is closed to new replies.