Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Translate logo from Astra theme.

Solution:

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected. -under Strings in the themes section, select your theme. -click 'Scan selected themes for strings' -to WPML > String Translation and on the bottom of the page click 'Translate texts in admin screens »' -search for 'theme_mods_astra_child'. under it select 'custom_logo'. -click 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. -find and translate that string again. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markusS-67 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
March 25, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3455087

markusS-67

I am trying to have a language-specific logo. I have tried to find the german logo url (main language) in the string translations section (also Admin strings), but I cannot find it. Theme: Astra 1.6.9, WPML: 4.2.4.1, String Translation: 2.10.2

March 26, 2019 at 5:57 am #3459241

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried re-scanning your them for string?

If not, could you please take these steps?
-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the themes section, select your theme.
-click 'Scan selected themes for strings'
-to WPML > String Translation and on the bottom of the page click 'Translate texts in admin screens »'
-search for 'theme_mods_astra_child'. under it select 'custom_logo'.
-click 'Apply' at the bottom of the page.
-find and translate that string again. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

I have attached an image similar option in admin string for your reference.

Related documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Kind regards,
Dennis

astra-child-logo.png
March 26, 2019 at 11:56 am #3462037

markusS-67

My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much!