This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by d.K 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
August 10, 2018 at 1:28 pm #2634126

d.K

I would like to change the media files in my image gallery in the non default languages.
There is a key-lock symbol on the photo's. I cannot delete them and I also cannot change them. How to solve this?
Thanks for your help.

August 10, 2018 at 3:46 pm #2634621

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

With the latest version of WPML and media plugins you will be able to translate the images using the WPML -> Media translation interface, check the attached screenshot.

Best Regards.

August 20, 2018 at 8:58 am #2658678

d.K

Yes, I know this option. But the link will not be changed in that case. (only the alt text and name of photo) For example, this is what you see in the browser: hidden link

The last part of this text is the name of the photo we have imported. But this will always be in the original language. And we would like to have this photo names in the correct language on the correct page.

So, is it possible to change the photo's in a different way? (unlock them.....)

Thanks for your answer.

Br Dieke

August 20, 2018 at 7:03 pm #2660716

Ricardo Alday

I'm afraid that's not possible. You cannot have a different image gallery in the product translation.
The idea was that store owners are selling the same product in different languages but it's essentially the same product (sku, stock, gallery, etc) so "translating" anything besides price, description, and taxonomies made little sense.
However, this specific feature is already in our feature request list. I cannot say when and if this will be implemented into WPML or WCML.

August 22, 2018 at 11:45 am #2666622

d.K

Thanks. Are you sure this is not possible anymore? Before I could delete the original photo's I used as product images from the library, and after that I could add new photo's. Maybe this still works, but because I use the photo's at different places on my website this is not what I prefer. (is a lot of work.....) If at least the locks could be deleted you could make me very happy. Can you please inform me if it is possible to add photo's per language in future? That would be great. Hope it will soon be implemented......

September 13, 2018 at 5:19 pm #2732459

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Just to let you know that this will be released in WPML 4.0.1 but we don't have an exact ETA yet.

September 19, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2748683

d.K

Thanks a lot! Waiting for the update! That would help!

October 9, 2018 at 1:40 pm #2800214

d.K

Dear Ricardo,

I just checked the version of WPML and I found that we have already passed version 4.0.1
Is it possible to remove the locks from the photo's in the product pages already for the different languages? Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards,
Dieke